The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer announces 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO eurorack module
Old 27th February 2020
News Desk Editor

Behringer announces 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO eurorack module-unnamed-9-.png

Legendary Analog Ring Modulator/Noise/S&H/LFO Module for Eurorack

This is the Behringer SYSTEM 100 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO. An authentic reproduction of the original “System 100M” circuitry from the 80’s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case. The best part? It’s at a very affordable price. Mix the 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO in with your existing rig or start your modular synth journey from here. Either way you’re sure to have a lot of fun.

The 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO comes with a ring modulator to create some metallic and bell-like sounds that can be applied to any signal such as a sine wave or a signal from an LFO via the EXT SIG X/NOISE and EXT SIG Y/LFO jacks and out the RING MOD output. The LFO features 5 waveforms including sine, triangle square, ramp and sawtooth. Parameters can be further adjusted by the FREQ and DELAY sliders.

If you want to start layering your song on a droning note or maybe just create some ambience in your music, then you can connect any external signal source into the S&H circuit. A 3-way selector switch allows you to select which type of signal being introduced into the SIG IN jack whether its External Input, LFO or Noise.

Installing the 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO is designed to fit into a standard Eurorack case. Just connect the power cables to the power supply and screw in the module using the included screws. This allows for the 140 to be mixed with other synth modules for a truly unique set up.

Features:
  • Amazing Ring Modulator/Noise Generator/S&H/LFO module from the '80s
  • Authentic reproduction of original “System 100M*” circuitry
  • Ring modulator for metallic and bell sounds
  • 2 noise generators with simultaneous white and pink noise sources
  • LFO features 5 waveforms: sine, triangle, square, ramp and saw tooth, plus phase lock to keyboard
  • 2 simultaneous LFOs with wide frequency range and delay controls plus external CV input
  • Sample & Hold generator with clock rate and lag time controls, 3 way input selector for noise, LFO or external input
  • 8 controls and switches give you real-time access to all important parameters
  • Eurorack specs: 16 HP, 60 mA +12 V, 50 mA -12 V
  • 3-Year Warranty Program
  • Designed and engineered in the U.K.

For more information: https://www.behringer.com/Categories...oogtrans(en|en)
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer announces 150 RING MOD/NOISE/S&H/LFO eurorack module-unnamed-9-.png  
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

We've got the inevitable 992 System 55 module now too. Roll on!

That's 2 of the most simple System 55 modules out of 22, and 4 complex System 100 out of 13 in about a business week. Going at a good clip. PR office must be BUSY build content! Not to mention Engineering, Q.A., and all the rest. Exciting times to be at Behringer. And waiting for their products :-) X32 was my turning point.
Old 28th February 2020
Here for the gear

This is one awesome module. Kudos to behringer's U.K. design team for coming up with this. I know I will def be buying it, anyway.
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

By way of comparison:

The Roland+Malekko 555 is ~$350.

And the System80 850 version is ~$295.

This is an enormous bargain vs those two.
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
By way of comparison:

The Roland+Malekko 555 is ~$350.

And the System80 850 version is ~$295.

This is an enormous bargain ve those two.
I am currently considering whether I should buy a sh09 or the system 100, the sh is 700.-
for the money there are many modules with a similar circuit and much more flexibility.
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
I am currently considering whether I should buy a sh09 or the system 100, the sh is 700.-
for the money there are many modules with a similar circuit and much more flexibility.
I happen to love the similar SH-2, tremendously.

But I bought I sold one last year, not because anything was wrong with it, but at the time I decided I wanted more patch points and space.

So I went w a Roland 510, an Erica 3ch Mixer (for the multiple waveforms the Osc puts out), and a Frequency Central ADSR (a glorious 100m clone).

I have $500 in all three pieces, used, and it's great. The 510 (i paid $299 delivered) sounds excellent. Roland and Malekko did a very nice job. Fat/ballsy.

I have a bunch of modulation sources already so that combo doesn't have its own dedicated source, but I may get this Behringer piece for them.

I'll probably buy another SH-2 again, too. Amazing little synth. Something lovely about its Sines...
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I happen to love the similar SH-2, tremendously.

But I sold mine last year, not because anything was wrong with it, but at the time I wanted more patch points and needed space.

So I went w a Roland 510, an Erica 3ch Mixer (for the multiple waveforms the Osc puts out), and a Frequency Central ADSR (roland 100m clone).

I have $500 in all three pieces, used, and it's great. The 510 (i paid $299 delivered) sounds excellent. Roland and Malekko did a very nice job.

I habe loads of modulation sources already so that combo doesn't have its own dedicated source, but I may get this Behringer piece for them.

I'll probably buy another Szh-2 again, too. Amazing little synth.
500.- is okay .. for me still too expensive,but you can't get these modules cheaper.
that with the good job of maleko..part yes part no. the power supply of the original housing is not good ..
but assume that you are using something better.

I bring 8 modules into my two row case, think about what that should be, maybe the vince clarke module is added .. let's see
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
500.- is okay .. for me still too expensive,but you can't get these modules cheaper.
that with the good job of maleko..part yes part no. the power supply of the original housing is not good ..
but assume that you are using something better.

I bring 8 modules into my two row case, think about what that should be, maybe the vince clarke module is added .. let's see
I'm really not (a better power supply).

All of my eurorack (36 modules) runs off of a generic $25 brick from Amazon (+ a uZeus panel/switch for $80 and 2x Bus Boards w 20 headers each from MDLR that were $70 total shipped. I paid about $175 for it all, and the PS was the cheapest part.

Works perfectly. Sounds great. Zero issues.

If there's a Power Supply that *sounds* better, measurably and repeatedly, I'd love to hear it.

I will never spend more than that unless it can be demonstrated beyond any shadow of a doubt.

And I've never seen anyone do so.
Old 29th February 2020
< moderator message - @ pppch your post has been reported for the accusation of writing something false (a powersupply not being ok) - it's not my job to be able to fact check every opinion about every piece of gear, but, because you stated it as a matter of fact, and someone called you out on it, I'm allowing you to post evidence to prove what you said. >
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
[COLOR="indigo"]< moderator message - @ pppch your post has been reported for the accusation of writing something false (a powersupply not being ok) - it's not my job to be able to fact check every opinion about every piece of geminus
pls read the review.. at the bottom of the minus points...

https://www.amazona.de/test-roland-s...esizer-teil-2/

minus

very small control path of the faders (15 mm)
Faders are very shaky on the sides
Faders move unintentionally
some sockets very close to the controls
no locking of the power supply plug
slight signal bleed when VCA is on EXP, even though initial = 0
no multiples, although there would be room
no MIDI-to-CV interface
external power supply develops a high-frequency beep
Delay 572 noise increases sharply with long delay times
10 and 20 kHz beep for long delay times

cheap switching power supply or something .. no idea
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
pls read the review.. at the bottom of the minus points...

https://www.amazona.de/test-roland-s...esizer-teil-2/

minus

very small control path of the faders (15 mm)
Faders are very shaky on the sides
Faders move unintentionally
some sockets very close to the controls
no locking of the power supply plug
slight signal bleed when VCA is on EXP, even though initial = 0
no multiples, although there would be room
no MIDI-to-CV interface
external power supply develops a high-frequency beep
Delay 572 noise increases sharply with long delay times
10 and 20 kHz beep for long delay times

cheap switching power supply or something .. no idea
Those reviews are dumb and some are just crazy.

lol

(I didn't report the post before, buy damn, that's a dumb list of complaints.)
Old 29th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Those reviews are dumb and some are just crazy.

lol

(I didn't report the post before, buy damn, that's a dumb list of complaints.)
the faders are a matter of taste, some like dwarfs .. some don't ..
but he measured the noise / beeps .. of course only with bad intentions .. Covfefe news
I have read many reviews from Tilo, he is not completely incapable. I thought you didn't have the original case?
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Guru

So is this regarding the Roland power supply? I had a pretty monstrous load on it for a while and didn't have a problem with it. When I moved my sequencers back into the racks, the Roland is the only skiff I kept going so it could handle all of the tactile modules. It's a bit overpriced for what it is, but nothing functionally wrong with it.

Caveat: I'm not the whistleblower, either.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search