The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What if a bunch of Eurorack manufacturers agreed on a normalization standard?
Old 19th February 2020
DSC
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
...which in the end makes mixing different modules from different makers more difficult, sometimes too hard.
Agreed. Even more reason to 'install' them into your setup the way you want to use them for your purpose. I converted modules for folks looking to just streamline their 'jacks'. I converted a Bugbrand module over to 3.5mm jacks and a few others. Link to that here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ninstrument-custom-drm1e
Cool module too, btw. But if you like it and all it needs are a few tweaks to get it to work in your personal setup then DIY is the way to go. Not cheap, unless you have the skill sets. In this world enough passion will have almost anyone warm up a soldering iron

Just like our human evolution, things didn't seem to rapidly 'advance' till late in the cycle. Not sure why, but it does seem to go that way.

If you can see potential in something, milk the hell out of it.
Old 19th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
THAT's the SPIRIT!!!

OT: AI painting of an AI character, neat! Although I was going to be more
impressed with the artists skill than is possible.

*Sry I am an artist type...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Well, the +/- 12VDC are stand analog bus voltages in lots of standards. +5VDC was a common voltage provided on PS's at the time for 5VDC TTL - that soon went to 3.3VDC in the mid 90's. I would never mix digital and analog on the same supply bus at the time. Just a guess.

4AMP's? Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Speaking of evolution, does anybody know what the +5v rail was originally for? Dieter didn't even implement it in his own power supplies until the PSU3 came out. I'm just curious what it was originally intended for.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have one case that doesn’t even have a 5v rail.
The one with the Sinfonion in it.
I was the one who installed it with that option. *shrug

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search