The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KB37 - Pro 1- and some modules?
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

Question KB37 - Pro 1- and some modules?

I'm getting a Behringer Pro 1 and am toying with the idea of mounting it into a kb37 from Waldorf. Of course this would already be a serious Pro 1 keyboard on its own. However the empty space could be filled with some modular stuff obviously..

I'm a total newby in the modular world. I was thinking of maybe other filters such as dopefer wasp or SEM and maybe an FX unit. Any other good ideas? The modules should be simple, cheap and help bring the best out of a mono such as the pro 1....
Old 13th February 2020
Gear Guru

That's a pretty expensive way to get a Pro One keyboard, but if you're going that route anyway...

Other filters would probably be a good idea. Doepfer has great and cheap filter clones all over their lineup. Maybe a spring reverb to get something kinda vintagey going? And a sequencer would be cool. Yeah, the Behry has a built-in sequencer, but an analog sequencer brings a different and fun workflow.
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

yeah I saw that the kb37 is fairly expensive in some countries. here it's a bit more humane so it's a viable option. any specific spring reverb you recommend? or a distortion unit?
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengston View Post
yeah I saw that the kb37 is fairly expensive in some countries. here it's a bit more humane so it's a viable option. any specific spring reverb you recommend? or a distortion unit?
Depends where you'd have to mount the spring tank. If there's room inside, get a Doepfer. If not, then the Music Thing reverb is pretty good.

What flavor of distortion are you looking for? Warm, Overdrive, Tube, Distort, Bit Crush, Total Annihilation?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search