Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

HUGE size modules :o
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Not as big as the original!
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac

I have to agree. I've worked with a 55 and can't imagine the same interface crammed into tiny eurorack format.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Not as big as the original!
not as overpriced as the original!
Old 17th January 2020
Here for the gear

For my birthday !
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
not as overpriced as the original!
Not as hand built as the original!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Don't care how hand built or not it is, this sounds great to me.
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
not as unavailable as the original
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Nut
Dammit. They are killing it again.

I was never interested in the modular world, because I never had enough $ to build something that I would consider worth the penny.

But dammit..
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Don't care how hand built or not it is, this sounds great to me.
Of course. Just saying hand built stuff costs more. There’s no debate there.

Will be interesting to hear how it sounds. I love my Model 15 Moslab clone so have no issues with clones in general.

Of all the clones Behringer has done the Model D has nailed it the best so far so I’m hopeful they have done the same for the 55.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
welcome to reality, the old modules were hand build, the new ones are machine-assembled and then finished dilertant by hand ..
have to look for the pictures, it is clear to see the use of a solder bath ..

stop believing in advertising
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
welcome to reality, the old modules were hand build, the new ones are machine-assembled and then finished dilertant by hand ..
have to look for the pictures, it is clear to see the use of a solder bath ..

stop believing in advertising
Believing in advertising?
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Head

OMG!!!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
just because you think the current modules were lovingly handcrafted ..
Your words not mine. I was just talking about cost
Old 17th January 2020
DGL
Lives for gear
looking good
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Sounds brilliant but if its anything like there other gear just be prepared too wait a year for any store other than Thomann to get stock.

I've been waiting months for my td3 and crave and stock dates keep getting put back each week.

I just wish they'd show stuff when it would be widely available same goes for the cat they showed weeks ago I've not seen any preorder for that in the UK.
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
Sounds brilliant but if its anything like there other gear just be prepared too wait a year for any store other than Thomann to get stock.

I just wish they'd show stuff when it would be widely available same goes for the cat they showed weeks ago I've not seen any preorder for that in the UK.
They said in their video they are still working on some of the modules, so yes, there will be a wait.

Meanwhile Dave Smith announces the Pro 3 this week and they are shipping next week (SE in February). Pretty different approach.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

WOW. Just WOW. This fills a niche for sure... those who want vintage style Moog modular without the huge size and price tag.

For those who want lovingly hand crafted modules, take out a 2nd (or 3rd) mortgage and buy a real Moog. For those who want 5U at a lower price, get a Dotcom. For those who want the sound in a smaller space (or to go with other Eurorack gear), or at a lower price, this is great.

Any info on pricing yet? I'm guessing they'll be selling modules individually as well as pre-assembled systems?
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

damn.. they got the 914 filter bank!!!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas View Post
damn.. they got the 914 filter bank!!!
probably not L C but at least.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear
this synth in particular is all about the sound. Obviously there are a good few clones around, mos lab sounding superb, let's see but either way, unbelievable/ Personally i have no issue with the smaller form factor, however just because it is named or based on the 55, doesn't mean it sounds like it.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_synth View Post
They said in their video they are still working on some of the modules, so yes, there will be a wait.
Loo
Meanwhile Dave Smith announces the Pro 3 this week and they are shipping next week (SE in February). Pretty different approach.
Yep that's what I mean behringer showcase something it's get hyped then you can get one for ages so by the time it actually comes out something else has already hit stores by someone else.
Dave Smith and korg have the right idea it's best too showcase build up the hype then hit stores as quick as you can to capitalise and take the money quick.
I really want the cat but god knows when it will hit stores and by the amount of new gear coming out in the next few weeks I don't think I'll have room too buy one because I'll have already bought something else.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
WOW. Just WOW. This fills a niche for sure... those who want vintage style Moog modular without the huge size and price tag.

For those who want lovingly hand crafted modules, take out a 2nd (or 3rd) mortgage and buy a real Moog. For those who want 5U at a lower price, get a Dotcom. For those who want the sound in a smaller space (or to go with other Eurorack gear), or at a lower price, this is great.

Any info on pricing yet? I'm guessing they'll be selling modules individually as well as pre-assembled systems?
FYI there are cheaper hand built clones other than Moog. Eg Moslab a fraction of the original price and similar cost of entry to say a 2600 release that people seem to be going gaga about.

Didn’t AION already do this in eurorack? It’s not exactly new apart from adding to the existing market options.

Love the Moog modular sound so the more people that get to experience it the better IMO.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Oh good grief—I've got to up my synth budget for the year now!
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

661 Interface V-trig to S-trig
CP3A-M-CONTROL*PANEL*MIXER
995 ATTENUATORS
911*ENVELOPE*GENERATOR
911A*DUAL*TRIGGER*DELAY
923*FILTERS
CP35*ATTENUATORS
921A*OSCILLATOR*DRIVERS
914*FIXED*FILTER*BANK
CP3A-0*OSCILLATOR*CONTROLLER
902*VOLTAGE*CONTROLLED*AMP
992*CONTROL*VOLTAGES
904A*VOLTAGE*CONTROLLED*LOW*PASS*FILTER
994*MULTIPLES
903A*RANDOM*SIGNAL*GENERATOR
CP1A*POWER-SUPPLY*MODULE
904B*VOLTAGE*CONTROLLED*HIGH*PASS*FILTER
921*VOLTAGE*CONTROLLED*OSCILLATOR
962*SEQUENTIAL*SWITCH
921B*OSCILLATOR
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
why are there machines that cost more .. especially if they are in the same country?
Prices aren’t made in heaven
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
Yep that's what I mean behringer showcase something it's get hyped then you can get one for ages so by the time it actually comes out something else has already hit stores by someone else.
Dave Smith and korg have the right idea it's best too showcase build up the hype then hit stores as quick as you can to capitalise and take the money quick.
I really want the cat but god knows when it will hit stores and by the amount of new gear coming out in the next few weeks I don't think I'll have room too buy one because I'll have already bought something else.
with other manufacturers, the goods are simply never sold out,
there are tools like artificial shortage, but none of them are bestsellers.
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear
960 sequencer would be savage
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Maniac
V trig? 3340 osc? 29,95 € per module?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search