The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Floor Switches for my slut b!tchez!
Old 14th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Floor Switches for my slut b!tchez!

Finally added some to my large rack and I am using them more than I thought.
Included an expression pedal too.
Any of you guys using any?

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

how do you have them hooked up? just switching between FX units?

ps that place looks amazing, must be inspiring just to walk into the room!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Protip on that stack of rack gear: You can buy rails by themselves pretty cheap and they're great for stabilizing stacked gear where you can't fit an actual rack. I've had a pair for years that's always getting use for just that reason.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post
how do you have them hooked up? just switching between FX units?

I seem to find a new use almost everyday. Yes, switching, tapping tempo, stuttering a VCA. The expression pedal is great for varying a pulse width of an OSC or basic VCA control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Protip on that stack of rack gear: You can buy rails by themselves pretty cheap and they're great for stabilizing stacked gear where you can't fit an actual rack. I've had a pair for years that's always getting use for just that reason.
Yes, I use them all the time. I just haven't made up my mind of what rack synths/samplers I will keep permanently in this lower rack. I am debating bringing a couple of my rack samplers into the mix too, so I am still formulating what I am going to do. So for now I need the ability to quickly get behind the units to connect midi and audio cables. I did finally hook up my UM-880 to the CuBase machine in the control room, so let the auditions begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks bolero View Post

I have most everything on racks with wheels, so I am constantly moving stuff around trying to find the perfect work flow. Yes, this is my dream come true!

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Kudos, and glad to see that you're so happy with it. I would be too, if it was all just nudged a bit closer together.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have some modwheels for my modular gear that I thought I would use a lot, but I really didn't. Use sometimes, cool having it, not critical though. Thought about some joysticks and like the idea but the ones I liked cost more than I liked or where not available to me. Accidentally came across a very cheap expression pedal/switch controller. Bought it just to have but now use it all the time. Agree, way more useful than I figured it would be.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search