The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MI Rings in non-ambient music?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

MI Rings in non-ambient music?

Posted this on Muffs but looking for more input -

I recently bought Rings as part of a small modular setup but I'm finding it hard to fit within my music. In hindsight I should have known there's a reason people on Youtube are mostly using it for ambient/generative music. I thought I might make some but I'm not there yet musically.

I'm looking for some examples of where it's been used within non-ambient commercial released music to give me some ideas.

If I can't find a use case for it I'll move it on or downsize to a uRings.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat1 View Post
Posted this on Muffs but looking for more input -

I recently bought Rings as part of a small modular setup but I'm finding it hard to fit within my music. In hindsight I should have known there's a reason people on Youtube are mostly using it for ambient/generative music. I thought I might make some but I'm not there yet musically.

I'm looking for some examples of where it's been used within non-ambient commercial released music to give me some ideas.

If I can't find a use case for it I'll move it on or downsize to a uRings.
Use the resonator input. Something as simple as white noise will create a a huge range of pad or lead sounds.
Old 1 week ago
Are you using the V/Oct Input?
I have Elements which is like Rings with extras, and I use it for melodies and themes all the time.
At the beginning of this video Divkid is completely using it as a standard melodic voice:
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Rings has "a sound" to it that's hard to shake, but it is possible. Try processing other stuff through it, and you can get some neat stuff. Drums in particular are a blast for weird rhythmic stuff.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search