The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which logical operator do i need for this problem
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict
Which logical operator do i need for this problem

I want to create a polyphonic/paraphonic synth of 4 voices. I'm getting 4 SE oscillation, a not yet decided wavetable osc (either 4ms spherical wavetable or SE Quadnic). I also have the SSF quantum rainbow for different noises. Now, I don't see the reason to get 4 of them, so what I want to do, is using the gate signals from the midi interface to if one of the 4 keys are pressed, or multiple are pressed and released in different order, I want to keep the noise VCA 'open' until all keys are off. Ideally, it should be able to follow one envelope.

Am I right to use the AND operator or should I use OR here?

My developer guts say AND, but OR seems also possible.

What would you guys/girls advice me?
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

This isn't what modular is for. I'd buy a nice poly to integrate into the rest of you modular stuff instead ... you'll save money and prevent lot's of headaches in the long run.
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
This isn't what modular is for. I'd buy a nice poly to integrate into the rest of you modular stuff instead ... you'll save money and prevent lot's of headaches in the long run.
Well, the beautiful part is that want or not, you can do it. The other oscillators are covered and ill be fine. Just want to know if above will work, if or if not, how/why.
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaarwerk View Post
so what I want to do, is using the gate signals from the midi interface to if one of the 4 keys are pressed, or multiple are pressed and released in different order, I want to keep the noise VCA 'open' until all keys are off. Ideally, it should be able to follow one envelope.

Am I right to use the AND operator or should I use OR here?

My developer guts say AND, but OR seems also possible.

What would you guys/girls advice me?
You'd use OR. With AND all of the gates would have to be high for the output to be high. Refer to this table I stole from the Internet...

Which logical operator do i need for this problem-logic.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Which logical operator do i need for this problem-logic.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search