The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Processing/Distributing CV Modulation
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict

Processing/Distributing CV Modulation

How do you guys process and distribute CV signals around your system?

I use wavefolding for altering a CV's shape and switching in order to distribute it and whatelse my modules are offering me (e.g. Ring modulation) but I'd like to own a module dedicated to this task.

I know there's Worng Vector Space.

What else can be used?

In a nutshell: I want a module that outputs different variations of its input.

Cheers!
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict
Nonlinearcircuits’ Lets Splosh? Don’t have it (yet), so I can’t really comment on it.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/nonlin...s-let-s-splosh
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Addict

thanks, I didn't know that module, I like it.
Old 15th January 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah.

Vector Space and Let's Sploosh are the two ones I'm familiar with.

Also, if you use a Switch or two *before* any of the *Inputs* of these particular modules then your possibilities increase dramatically...
Old 16th January 2020
Gear Addict

While I don't have any specific modules for that, I use:

Coldmac for 1:8 fixed variations, it can do a bunch of other stuff at 1:1 and 2:1 as well and more.
Livestock's Maze for routing as well as basic attenuation, inversion and mixing of signals. By using it's preset
morphing, you can build complex variations with it. Maths can modify signals in various ways too.

I also do this constantly with gate signals, and have a few modules for that. E.g. gate mod and Integra Funkitus,
1010 Toolbox...
Old 16th January 2020
Gear Addict

Thanks for all the hints! I'll have to watch some videos now.

Maze is already on my list and after reading your comments my list just got longer... =)
Old 16th January 2020
Gear Guru

This is fun for audio and CV. Mix together the positive section of one wave with the negative of another, and magic happens.
Old 16th January 2020
Gear Addict

Another module that's great for modifying gates, is the Cosmotronic Delta V dual envelope.
Excellent at keeping gates high or low for extended periods. And of course it's a great dual,
envelope generator, gate or LFO source. All in all pretty handy

For me that's likely the primary paradigm of my system design, I love to cram as much functionality
as possible into everything, as opposed to providing specific modules for this or that. I may
not have a big multi-channel mixer, but I have no less than 25 channels of mixing for at least
2 signals. While I do have to go about things in a round-about kinda way, for me that half
the fun of it.

Seemingly, that is probably a more costly way to go about it though, as my system is pretty
costly for its size. Modules with more functionality are often expensive. *shrugs...
Old 17th January 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

This is fun for audio and CV. Mix together the positive section of one wave with the negative of another, and magic happens.
That's a great little trick!
Old 18th January 2020
Lives for gear

Oh yeah, there's also the JAG by Malekko:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/malekk...axis-generator

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search