The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Qu-Bit Bloom
Old 11th January 2020
Lives for gear

Qu-Bit Bloom

I don't read that much about this module in the forums but I am intrigued by it at least to say.

Does anybody use it and can share some impressions?

From watching the Youtube videos it seems to me that it offers a more musical approach to "random" melodies than a turing machine and its rhythms resonate with me too.

Watching TINRS Tuesday videos doesn't make me feel to spend money on it. Marbles too, which I could use in VCV Rack but it doesn't suit me.

Then there is NE Mimetic Digitalis which seems to be awesome but somehow I am leaning more towards Bloom.

Thanks!
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
Then there is NE Mimetic Digitalis which seems to be awesome but somehow I am leaning more towards Bloom.
Mimetic is awesome, but you won't get controlled random/melodies like you can with Tuesday or Bloom. Mimetic is more about ripping out quick and dirty techno basslines and/or extreme modulation. It's a fun module, but it doesn't really fit in with what you're looking for. As far as Bloom, it's been on my wishlist for ages, and while I have Tuesday, I honestly haven't taken the time to sit down and learn it yet. @me
Old 16th January 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks for pointing out the differences between the Mimetic Digitalis and Bloom, sounds like they could be a joy when used together.
Now I want 'em both, because sometimes I just want to rip it out quick and dirty and othertimes I want it to be bloomy

Buying stuff and not really using it is something I am good at too, the FMR compressors know what I mean.
Old 17th January 2020
Here for the gear

I have a bloom and really love it so far. Lots of great options and explorations. Great fast response once you get used to the layout and feel of it
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethereasound View Post
I have a bloom and really love it so far. Lots of great options and explorations. Great fast response once you get used to the layout and feel of it
Great to hear!
Old 20th January 2020
I recieved on to test last month but didn't get around to making a final report on it. I like it, it's very quick and intuitive.
I'll be doing (more tests) and make a video. Since there's already a bunch of informative videos out, I figured I take a slightly different approach.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear