The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help? Blown Oscillator (BOOG - model D)
Old 18th December 2019
Here for the gear

Help? Blown Oscillator (BOOG - model D)

So I was trying to mod things inside my model boog - model D. I got PWM routed and sync and detune and all the nifty functions on the back but I was trying to figure out how to hard sync and I blew up a component on the first oscillator and can't for the life of me figure out which it is.

The other 2 oscillators work fine and stay in tune, filter works, lfo works, etc. The osc selection and octave selection works on Osc 1 also as with the switch. The main problem I can see is within the tuning section but everything I looked at looks relatively fine-- It plays notes in reverse (the higher up the keyboard the lower the note) and then into nothing. I doubt this is a common problem but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions in the tuning area or something that could blow and I could swap it out indefinitely
Old 18th December 2019
Gear Guru

Calling a Boog guru, @ Maffez get your butt in here!
Old 19th December 2019
hey,

do you remember where/when this happened ,i.e. which componets you were at when it bust?

so, basically your vco 1 still oscillates but pitch is inverse? - off the cuff sounds like it's rather a problem in the pitch cv/ lin-expo converter section

if needs must, find a service tech to check it through
Old 19th December 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you and I love your stuff also to add. Yeah It got stuck in update mode and osc 2 and 3 were't changing notes now no sound is coming out except clicks so im trying to get someone to look at it or send it in now
Old 19th December 2019
Gear Guru

Thanks, Maffez. You rock!
Old 19th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by armouredsteele View Post
Thank you and I love your stuff also to add. Yeah It got stuck in update mode and osc 2 and 3 were't changing notes now no sound is coming out except clicks so im trying to get someone to look at it or send it in now
if its just (periodic) clicks, then something must be up pitch cv - hard to tell from descriptions & hope you find someone to measure and workshop this!

chin up & here's a secret (posted publicly?!) blew my first boog too - stuff can happen when you solder
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search