The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eurorack quantizer options
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Eurorack quantizer options

I think I'm going to be in the market for a quantized (or two).

I know there's a wealth of modules that can cover that (and more), but if I really just need something that lets me set a few basic parameters like root note and scale and can handle more than 5 octave range with minimal glitching/ delays, what should I focus on?

Thanks
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
I think I'm going to be in the market for a quantized (or two).

I know there's a wealth of modules that can cover that (and more), but if I really just need something that lets me set a few basic parameters like root note and scale and can handle more than 5 octave range with minimal glitching/ delays, what should I focus on?

Thanks
Ornament and Crime. Up to four channels given your use case, or two channels with more CV modulation options. It'll even auto-tune your VCO's over that range if you have tracking issues similar to Silent Way.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Another vote for O_C. It's kind of a deep module, but once you pick out an operating mode, it's pretty much set and forget with minor tweaking where needed. Also worth it for the onboard Turing Machines.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

From here and other places, that did seem to be the top recommendation, so I picked up one at a decent price to try out.

Thanks all.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
From here and other places, that did seem to be the top recommendation, so I picked up one at a decent price to try out.

Thanks all.
Just don't let all the bells and whistles bury you, and it'll be fine.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search