The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eurorack quantizer options
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Eurorack quantizer options

I think I'm going to be in the market for a quantized (or two).

I know there's a wealth of modules that can cover that (and more), but if I really just need something that lets me set a few basic parameters like root note and scale and can handle more than 5 octave range with minimal glitching/ delays, what should I focus on?

Thanks
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
I think I'm going to be in the market for a quantized (or two).

I know there's a wealth of modules that can cover that (and more), but if I really just need something that lets me set a few basic parameters like root note and scale and can handle more than 5 octave range with minimal glitching/ delays, what should I focus on?

Thanks
Ornament and Crime. Up to four channels given your use case, or two channels with more CV modulation options. It'll even auto-tune your VCO's over that range if you have tracking issues similar to Silent Way.
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Guru

Another vote for O_C. It's kind of a deep module, but once you pick out an operating mode, it's pretty much set and forget with minor tweaking where needed. Also worth it for the onboard Turing Machines.
Old 5th December 2019
Lives for gear

From here and other places, that did seem to be the top recommendation, so I picked up one at a decent price to try out.

Thanks all.
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
From here and other places, that did seem to be the top recommendation, so I picked up one at a decent price to try out.

Thanks all.
Just don't let all the bells and whistles bury you, and it'll be fine.
Old 16th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Just don't let all the bells and whistles bury you, and it'll be fine.
Spent about a week playing around with it. For the initial task (scale quantization), it works perfectly and is a breeze to set up and use. I ended up picking up a micro O_C which works well in the rack spaces I have available. I don't mind the smaller form factor since it's mostly been set and forget.

I started exploring the other modes and there's a ton of interesting stuff in there. Well worth the money.

Thanks all for the recommendations.
Old 16th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Spent about a week playing around with it. For the initial task (scale quantization), it works perfectly and is a breeze to set up and use. I ended up picking up a micro O_C which works well in the rack spaces I have available. I don't mind the smaller form factor since it's mostly been set and forget.

I started exploring the other modes and there's a ton of interesting stuff in there. Well worth the money.

Thanks all for the recommendations.
Glad it's working out for you, guy!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've used many... and enjoy the O_C for that utility, but it wasn't the most playable. The Intellijel uScale was ok but didn't really inspire much use. Instruo Harmonaig was amazing. Beautiful design and very playable. Recently started using the ACL Sinfonia... it's a beast. Very deep, but maybe not as immediate as the Harmonaig? More possibilities for sure, and also playable... but in a different way. Seems to require more CV modules than Harmonaig did for control.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search