The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Beginner question - Neutron as Midi to CV
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Beginner question - Neutron as Midi to CV

I'm considering to build-up nice little modular system to play - DIY as much as possible, but I'd like to use as sequencer my Akai MPC Live.
I've noticed that prices for MIDI to CV modules starting from $150.
To cut the corners a little bit - would it be a good idea to actually get Neutron and from that carry-on expanding little modular system from that?
Cheers
Matt.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Yes. There's a 'MIDIGATE' output and an 'ASSIGN' output that can be set to output the CV signal that the oscillators are receiving from the onboard converter.

In general, Neutron is a good idea for starting or even expanding. Even if you're not a fan of the overall sound, there's something onboard that you'll like, and $300 is a great price for a box of filters, oscillators, envelopes, VCA's, etc. There's something in this cheap little synth for everybody.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I can also recommend the Neutron. I would also recommend the Keystep for midi-cv purposes. But if you want polyphony, a dedicated module would be best.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search