The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Student With a Survey On Your Ideal Sequencer Features
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Student With a Survey On Your Ideal Sequencer Features

Hi folks! I’m a college student with an interest in modular and am currently working on a project involving a presentation. I’m trying to market research on Eurorack sequencers. I wrote up a very quick, easy to fill out survey to try and get an idea of what you guys are looking for in your sequencers. It’s only 4 questions asking about your general needs/wants when you’re looking to buy one. If you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill it out it'd really help me with my project.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
Old 4 weeks ago
< thread moved >
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Funny, while entering that data, I remembered that Stillson Hammer can do everything I just requested. Think I'm gonna have to spend more time with that one soon.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Funny, while entering that data, I remembered that Stillson Hammer can do everything I just requested. Think I'm gonna have to spend more time with that one soon.
IIRC we discussed the Hammer some months back and when I expressed interest in one Inseem to recall you had a warning (for lack of a better term) about them, though I can't recall the details at the moment. Ring any bells? IIRC there was something about them that bugged you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
IIRC we discussed the Hammer some months back and when I expressed interest in one Inseem to recall you had a warning (for lack of a better term) about them, though I can't recall the details at the moment. Ring any bells? IIRC there was something about them that bugged you.
It's a lave/hote relationship with it. Doing anything deliberate with it is kinda tedious, but randomization leads to some happy accidents. It's just that random is hard to control and keep musical. The two things that stick out to me with this is that 1.) It would actually be a lot more sensible without the track sliders. Randomization is where most of the joy comes from on this machine and b.) I end up liking it more for what it does as a voltage generator for controlling other parameters than what it does for v/oct inputs.

YMMV!
Old 2 weeks ago
RiF
Lives for gear

I noticed that a Korg SQ-1 isn't far off my ideal sequencer if it had 32 steps.
@ Suburb64 , I forgot to mention in the 1st question: built-in clock divider.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search