The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LIP - Loquelic Iteritas Percido vs LI?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

LIP - Loquelic Iteritas Percido vs LI?

I've been kind of gas -ing about this module, trying to understand the difference between the regular and the Percido version as well.

So the LIP is twice as big and has an internal flexible envelope you can loop and route all over the place, and can be modulated itself?

Anyone have experience with these?

1 -Is the bigger more expensive version worth it? -
I guess you could do most of the envelope modulation externally, but that would require more modules.

2 Any advantages i'm missing?

3 Why/how does the trigger input and trig/loop settings affect the module when all envelope modulation is set to zero?
does it have a VCA?
There seems to be no way of modulating amplitude or setting the amount of envelope affecting the volume.
Guess it is always the full envelope amount, or full volume when in free mode?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I haven't tried the Percido version, but Loquelic Iteritas is freaking awesome. Think of it as a complex oscillator like a 259e or DPO, but digital and with more range. Super aggressive and sounds mean as hell. If I had to pick between it and the Percido, I personally would (and did) go for the original. The price difference is pretty vast considering the main extra feature is a function generator. You can pick up a small envelope for cheap to supplement it. That and what I've found with modules that have built in modulation like this (in particular, the Kotelnikov) is that you kind of find yourself unconsciously limiting yourself with modulation options. It's easier to just use that built in envelope than it is to patch in another, right?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I haven't tried the Percido version, but Loquelic Iteritas is freaking awesome. Think of it as a complex oscillator like a 259e or DPO, but digital and with more range. Super aggressive and sounds mean as hell. If I had to pick between it and the Percido, I personally would (and did) go for the original. The price difference is pretty vast considering the main extra feature is a function generator. You can pick up a small envelope for cheap to supplement it. That and what I've found with modules that have built in modulation like this (in particular, the Kotelnikov) is that you kind of find yourself unconsciously limiting yourself with modulation options. It's easier to just use that built in envelope than it is to patch in another, right?
The LI is also on my shortlist for my first digital osc. Another one is the Hertz Donut mk2. My aim is to get the 259e vibe (which is digital btw), the thickness, versatility, aggressive and powerful yet musical sound. Well demonstrated here:

I mean that is THICK. And rough and musical at the same time.

I know there's no equivalent of 259e in euro but the LI and HD mk2 have often been compared. HD mk2 sounds great in the demos, but not so quite as thick as the 259e, is it?

The Loquelic is cheaper, smaller, easier to find and apparently more versatile.

So I wonder which one would get me closer to theat 259e vibe, the HD2 or LI?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have LIP; on a level it's just an additional function generator but it's also 6 hidden bipolar VCAs too.

It makes it work better as an individual voice and changes what's possible sequencing each of those VCAs.

Ultimately as everything depends on your goals. For me it's easily worth the space for what it can do.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search