The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Scammed by Jason Sole Waveformless
Old 8th October 2019
Here for the gear

Scammed by Jason Sole Waveformless

Hi Slutz,

First post here which I should have done a long time ago.

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area but anyway here goes.

I live in Japan and make a living from selling gear, mostly analog synths.

Back in 2016 I found Jason Sole from Waveformless who appeared to be a legitimate seller and repairman of the kinds of things I dealt with.

After chewing the fat with him over the phone I decided to send him a bunch of Juno's on consignment to see how he did with them.

He got off to a flying start, paid me promptly after deducting his commission so I began to send him more gear.

After about six months, the payments became less frequent, and the communication back and forth deteriorated to the point where I was exposed to about 50,000 usd worth of inventory.

I tried to maintain a cool head when dealing with him and he would send me inconsequential amounts of money from time to time despite selling the gear which I could see on eBay.

Over the course of about a year he told me lie after lie as to why he couldn't pay until I started to get aggressive with him as the money I had tied up was taking its toll on my marriage at the time.

He finally send back some items to me which arrived and were butchered beyond belief.

I managed to have some of it returned to future music in LA where I was told that the space echoes had all their motors ripped out of them, parts which are unobtainable to buy.

I received back, four Juno's which were raided for parts, 3 heavily molested CS-10's and a bunch of Tascam MTR's.

He still owes me over $2,000 for items that sold but we're not paid, and never returned a CS-30, RS-202, 4 pairs of Yamaha NS-10m monitors, JD-800, about 5 90's era Korgs and a variety of other pieces.

Does anyone know how I can contact this clown or what he's doing now?

He's blocked me on fb but being the vindictive and spiteful person I am, I would like nothing more than to exact my revenge on him by calling an employer out if the blue.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I won't see any of the gear or money again.

Since then I have read scores of posts from people in the Bay Area who have had similar things happen to them but I think in terms of financial loss I would be his biggest victim.

Would be grateful if anyone knows him it has any input.

Cheers from Tokyo
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Guru

I'm no law dude, but don't you have a legal recourse in this case? Touch base with an attorney and see if they can help you.
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

For what it is worth there are several negative reviews of his business on Yelp (scroll down to about 1/3 of the page):
https://www.yelp.com/biz/waveformles...t_by=date_desc

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search