The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what output module ?
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

what output module ?

what are you guys/gals using for an output module?

any good ones? (pre-built or DIY)

for a lot of years I've used a intellijel Mutamix out straight into my sound card.

However with the few stereo modules i have such as clouds & 1 Bit multi-tap delay I'm starting to think i might benefit from a stereo output module, the vermona Twinout has caught my eye.
Old 7th October 2019
Gear Guru

I have a couple, but I don't really recommend them. Going straight to soundcard sounds the same as going through an output module to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I have a couple, but I don't really recommend them. Going straight to soundcard sounds the same as going through an output module to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand what your saying, I just thought going stereo out via a module would balance the L/R channels Better than trying to balance 2 channels in Mutamix.

But yes going straight out of clouds or 1 bit delays into my soundcard might be an option
Old 7th October 2019
Lives for gear

More for convenience, I picked up one of these for a good price ... https://nw2s.net/products/nw2s-o16
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Addict

I have the twinout, I like it a lot. I don’t have a desktop mixer though. Before I just had the Rosie, the Vermona module sounds way better as
an output to an audio interface than the Rosie for sure.
Old 8th October 2019
Here for the gear

I usually go mixer -> clouds -> interface.

Also been thinking of nw2s though.
https://nw2s.net/products/nw2s-io-balanced

This connected to Lynx Aurora 16 would work with Ableton CV tools as well, right?
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Guru

Just to make sure to contradict myself, in spite of my views, I'm still looking at an ES-9. The convenience factor is just too much to say no to.
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Head

I agree that most people don't need an output module and shouldn't get one. An exceptional case, though, would be if you want to drive headphones or a small speaker directly; and for that, I like the Doepfer A-139-2 headphone amplifier. It's simple, sounds good, and doesn't cost much.
Old 8th October 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe I might just stick to using my mutamix and stop trying to spend money I don’t have
Old 8th October 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Maybe I might just stick to using my mutamix and stop trying to spend money I don’t have
That doesn't sound like the GearSlutz way to do things.
Old 10th October 2019
Lives for gear

On a daily basis lately I will run anywhere from 4-16channels of Audio direct from my modular (generally via VCAs) and into a cheap X18 Mixer/Interface, which I then use with Reaper on an old Laptop, and while a couple of them need attenuating at the Mixer Input stage (the Roland 510 is pretty hot), it's otherwise a breeze and sounds great regardless.

It's going to take some serious in person convincing to get me to buy an Output Module now.. I need to see and hear those supposed differences in the flesh, because this seems pretty great as is, and it was cheap and easy.
Old 11th October 2019
I have an Endorphin.es Cockpit mixer and run the output from that into my sound card. If multi-tracking I'll run individual outputs into my Expert Sleepers ES6. I also have a Pittsburgh Modular Outs, which came with my System 10.1+. It works fine but I rarely use it.
Old 11th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Have used the Happy Nerding Out for quite some time now. Really happy with it.

Two stereo ins on 3.5mm, one set with volume pot. 6.3mm outs. Big, nice stereo meters. Oh, and Headphone out of course. All this at 6hp

It sounds and works great, even when pushing it a bit, saturating it does not sound bad. Cool thing is you can interconnect it with other Happy Nerding modules, fx the Isolator which gives you an extra set of outputs, but these are transformer balanced and with a 3 pole highpass filter to take out deep subs - nice!

Build quality is top $$ too. I have no clue why it's not more talked about.
Old 11th October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
Big, nice stereo meters.
Dope! I'm tempted to get one just for the stereo meters. Love that shiz!
Old 12th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
what are you guys/gals using for an output module?

any good ones? (pre-built or DIY)

for a lot of years I've used a intellijel Mutamix out straight into my sound card.

However with the few stereo modules i have such as clouds & 1 Bit multi-tap delay I'm starting to think i might benefit from a stereo output module, the vermona Twinout has caught my eye.
wmd??

i dont use an output module. i use mixers. then to my ZED mixer. then to my mackie. i dont even use an output module for my pedal verb (i only have 1) i simply lower the vol to 50% into it. problem solved.
Old 12th October 2019
I'm using the EricaSynths - Black Output V2

Which is also a mixer with Pan, and a headphone out
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear

Ladik offer balanced output modules with signal gauge. £55.

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2181

I find balanced io useful for avoiding ground loops; ymmv.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I use this bad boy - the nw2s:io.

what output module ?-img_1493.jpg

I originally built the unbalanced version DIY but converted it to balanced later with a simple circuit board swap and the 8 outputs are patched through a patchbay into the 8 inputs on my interface. All my other synths are patched through the patchbay normalled to the 8 inputs on the nw2s::io so I can either patch them straight into effects in the eurorack or patch them on the patchbay into one of the interface inputs. It's a great setup. I believe the guy who makes them has gone a bit dark recently so I'm not sure if they're still readily available but if you can get one they're awesome, especially for 10HP.

I also have a Vermona TwinOut, which is great but I don't really use it now since I have the nw2s.
Attached Thumbnails
what output module ?-img_1493.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search