The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Similar configurations to the lo-fi groovebox Pulp Logic 54hp
Old 3 weeks ago
Similar configurations to the lo-fi groovebox Pulp Logic 54hp

Perfect Circuit made 54hp series with the Pulp Logic lunchbox...
I would like to see other module selection with the same purpose...groovebox
Old 3 weeks ago
< moderator message - Post edited - Do not post "generic" links to other fora. this is not allowed. See rule #17 here. Instead, it IS allowed to post a direct, specific link to the subject. Here is the link >
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Get a case and just start adding the parts you want, and you can have the best groovebox you can imagine in no time. That being said, if it were me? Buncha drums, Knit Rider, Plaits, Braids, and Division 6 Dual Mini Sequencer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Get a case and just start adding the parts you want, and you can have the best groovebox you can imagine in no time. That being said, if it were me? Buncha drums, Knit Rider, Plaits, Braids, and Division 6 Dual Mini Sequencer.
Why both Plaits and Braids?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnsl View Post
Why both Plaits and Braids?
They both offer a bunch of different modes for sound-generation. Plaits is the "updated" version of Braids, but to me, it's not as aggressive as Braids. They actually work great together.

Last edited by Derp; 2 weeks ago at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Correction.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Everyone is going to give you a different answer on this. I personally wouldn't suggest both Plaits and Braids but the thing with both is that they can be used as small voices because of the built in VCA and EG. The closest I got to a groove box set up was when I was using the BSP as a sequencer. It's very immediate and is great for improv groove box type sessions. It gives you two cv/gate outs and eight trigger outs which is a great place to start building a rack. My set up at the time was using one of the cv/gates for a traditional subtractive voice and the other for a more exotic digital voice ala Braids/Plaits. At the start I used the triggers for kick and snare on Peaks, Tiptop for open and close hats and Rings for bongos and bells and other percussion. It was a great tight little set up.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
Everyone is going to give you a different answer on this. I personally wouldn't suggest both Plaits and Braids but the thing with both is that they can be used as small voices because of the built in VCA and EG. The closest I got to a groove box set up was when I was using the BSP as a sequencer. It's very immediate and is great for improv groove box type sessions. It gives you two cv/gate outs and eight trigger outs which is a great place to start building a rack. My set up at the time was using one of the cv/gates for a traditional subtractive voice and the other for a more exotic digital voice ala Braids/Plaits. At the start I used the triggers for kick and snare on Peaks, Tiptop for open and close hats and Rings for bongos and bells and other percussion. It was a great tight little set up.
Sounds pretty much complete (drum wise) i would like to use the Nerdseq in a 48hp pod and with some vco’s , sequencing synth phrases.
What would be your pick for the 16hp left? 2hp modules? Or maybe a multifunctional wavetable vco will cover more?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnsl View Post
What would be your pick for the 16hp left? 2hp modules?
I'll throw a warning out there: I love 2HP. Their modules are cheap, and feature-packed/great sounding for such a low price. But I wouldn't recommend crowding a bunch of them together. When they're unpatched it's not so bad, but patched up, it's pretty tight and uncomfortable to wiggle. My fingers are pretty slender, and even I have trouble turning knobs when the Kick/Snare/Hats are crammed together. Again, they sound and function amazingly, but holy crap do they suck when they're jammed in together.

This is giving me cramps just looking at it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm sure they would never do this because it goes against the whole premise of the company but I would pay for kits to convert 2hp modules to a 4hp face plate and add fluted Rogans or similar slide on knob for those pots. I have resorted to needle nose pliers to turning the knobs when fully patched. Pretty unusable IMO but as you say great value for the features you get.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You need a disting

Everyone needs a disting

But serious it's a sample player, osc, fx, modulator, etc. etc. Even if you just used it for samples

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search