One 984 four-channel mixer
One 960 sequential controller
Two 961 interfaces
One 962 sequential switch
Two 950 keyboard controllers
One 6401 Bode ring modulator
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

With 5u being alive and well, they'd probably make a couple bucks just selling individual modules. Not only would you be able to add genuine Moog flare to your MOTM or Dot Com system, but people with old Moog systems that are incomplete can fill in the blanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Or get a Mos Lab Model 10 for 4000 Euros: https://www.mos-lab.com/systems
In 10 years you will still be able to sell the Moog Model 10 for 10K, I'm not too sure what the Mos will be worth by then.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I wish Moog would just stop f**king around and join the Eurorack revolution already. Sure, they'll be more expensive than other manufacturers because of the name, but lots of Moog fans would be happy.
I’ve been saying for a while they should do some euro based on the phatty tech. They could then continue making coin on reissue stuff and try innovating on the euro side. Animoog oscillator with xyz pad, looping envelopes and multi-pole filter from sub 37.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Moog modular System 10 reissues/clones as of September 2019

Club Of The Knobs ???
not currently offered?

Mos-Lab $4,395
https://www.mos-lab.com/systems

Synth-Werk $6,152
https://www.synth-werk.com/content/c...andard-systems

Moog $9,950
https://www.moogmusic.com/products/model-10
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
I’ve been saying for a while they should do some euro based on the phatty tech. They could then continue making coin on reissue stuff and try innovating on the euro side. Animoog oscillator with xyz pad, looping envelopes and multi-pole filter from sub 37.
That's a good idea!
Old 3 weeks ago
Video
Old 3 weeks ago
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Where is the innovation? Why are they just making clones?
The innovation: Taking the in depth knowledge they picked up from releasing these small runs of old school Moog Modulars and the Model D reissue, and applying it to new synths made with SMD that can be sold for much cheaper (i.e. Grandmother, Matriarch)

Am I the target market for a $10K, 3 VCO modular synth? No.

Am I the target market for an $899, 3 VCO modular synth that uses SMD, has MIDI, incorporates the classic Moog modular circuits, and is the same size as my beloved Moog Rogue? Heck yes!

All due respect to Bob Moog, but it seems like his goal since the mid-1970s was to create cleaner, more "behaved" analog synths. At heart, he was an electrical engineer. The modern manifestation of Moog is carrying on Bob's tradition, but is also paying more attention to the "flaws" of the past, and how they could often translate into cool sounds. The Minimoog has some gain level issues, which is why it sounds so awesome. The Grandmother and Matriarch were clearly based on the current engineers at Moog diving into their past (via the Moog Modular issues and the Model D reissue), learning about what made those old synths sound so great, and bringing those ideas into modern SMD designs.

Moog has learned from their own past, and are applying these ideas to their own future. That is just straight up awesome in my book.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Video
Wow, just wow - awe inspiring sound.

And such a great demo by Daniel Fisher - I could watch 8 hours of that.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
When I was delivering papers as a young kid one of my paper customers had
a Moog Modular going and I asked if I could see it up close.
The year was 1976 or so.
These sounds remind me of the glorious sounds I heard.
The next year in 1977, I got my first keyboard an ARP Solina.

I have no modular, but those sounds are literally "out of this world"
the romantic, space age way I remember as a teenager learning about sound.

It was that encounter of the Moog Modular that set me on a musical journey!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi View Post
In 10 years you will still be able to sell the Moog Model 10 for 10K, I'm not too sure what the Mos will be worth by then.
Hard to say, but I'd guess the Mos-Lab might hold it's value longer? Over the last couple years I've seen used Moog reissue model 15's going for under 70% of original cost where used Mos-Lab stuff tends to sell for 80% to 100% of original cost.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
The innovation: Taking the in depth knowledge they picked up from releasing these small runs of old school Moog Modulars and the Model D reissue, and applying it to new synths made with SMD that can be sold for much cheaper (i.e. Grandmother, Matriarch)

Am I the target market for a $10K, 3 VCO modular synth? No.

Am I the target market for an $899, 3 VCO modular synth that uses SMD, has MIDI, incorporates the classic Moog modular circuits, and is the same size as my beloved Moog Rogue? Heck yes!

All due respect to Bob Moog, but it seems like his goal since the mid-1970s was to create cleaner, more "behaved" analog synths. At heart, he was an electrical engineer. The modern manifestation of Moog is carrying on Bob's tradition, but is also paying more attention to the "flaws" of the past, and how they could often translate into cool sounds. The Minimoog has some gain level issues, which is why it sounds so awesome. The Grandmother and Matriarch were clearly based on the current engineers at Moog diving into their past (via the Moog Modular issues and the Model D reissue), learning about what made those old synths sound so great, and bringing those ideas into modern SMD designs.

Moog has learned from their own past, and are applying these ideas to their own future. That is just straight up awesome in my book.
Excellent post! I think this is exactly what Moog are doing, and I applaud them for it

for years people were clamouring for something that sounded just like the old Model D. Well, they not only did they reissue the model D, but they went back & rebuilt exact recreations of their big modulars as well

Those circuits are being incorporated into their new products, and we are getting some of the most versatile, and best sounding Moog synths ever
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
Wow, just wow - awe inspiring sound.

And such a great demo by Daniel Fisher - I could watch 8 hours of that.

More bang for your buck.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
I am shocked that the Animoog technology has not made its way into hardware.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search