The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Your most essential Module ?
Old 16th September 2019
Your most essential Module ?

What is your most essential Module that you always use in every patch ?
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

A mult.
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Head

Pamela’s New Workout. Sets the tempo, creates groovy rhythms, synced LFOs and random CV. I even use it as a melody generator now and then. Love it.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Maths.
I have three of them.
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Nut

Power...then Pamela's New Workout.
Old 16th September 2019
Love math

Meng qi DPLPG 2x also very cool !
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Addict

Expert Sleepers ES-8 + ES-3 combo.
Old 17th September 2019
Piston Honda mk3
Old 18th September 2019
Gear Guru

uZeus. That sounds sarcastic, but every patch is a whole different setup from the last, so I've never used any one module for every patch. There's a bunch of them that see more use than others (Galilean Moons comes to mind off the top of my head), but still not in every patch.
Old 4 weeks ago
Malekko Wiard Anti-Oscillator, 4ms PEG L-1 synth VCA mixer.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

in every patch goes into Intellijel Mixup which goes into Audio Damage ADM21 reverb, into 4ms WAV Recorder.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It really is hard to pick one but at the core of all my patches are Maths and Tangled Quartet. VCOs/VCFs come and go but the core remains.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

For me it’s a toss up between maths and 1010 tool box probably. I also rely heavily on cold mac and maze.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Livestock Maze (matrix mixers generally)

Feedback routing ftw
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd love to hear what you guys are doing with Maze. It's interesting but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how I would use it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
I'd love to hear what you guys are doing with Maze. It's interesting but I have a hard time wrapping my head around how I would use it.
I'm using it for preset management, routing and feedback.

For example I'm routing one of the stereo outs of a Qu-bit Nebulae v2 into it, then back attenuated, for controlling feedback in overdub mode.

For cv based feedback/fm routing I find the doepfer 138m better since you can offset
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Generally I use maze for sequence routing. I have a lot of sequencing available, so I tend
to run seq pairs into a switch, then into maze and animate their destinations. So, along with
octave changes and whatnot in a sequence, I change out the voices. Some voices will be used
to chorus others as they are switching between sequencers. Sometimes I do the similar with modulation
signals or audio. *shrugs
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Generally I use maze for sequence routing. I have a lot of sequencing available, so I tend
to run seq pairs into a switch, then into maze and animate their destinations. So, along with
octave changes and whatnot in a sequence, I change out the voices. Some voices will be used
to chorus others as they are switching between sequencers. Sometimes I do the similar with modulation
signals or audio. *shrugs
That's kind of what I was thinking too. More a CV mixer/mangler than audio one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Over the past couple of months it's become Xaoc Zadar for me. Unbelievably fun module.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Erica drum modulator. My favorite all-purpose LFO by far.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
A mult.
I'll play for real this time ... Octocontroller. I can never have enough clocked sample and holds in my patches.

How about most versatile module also ... Doepfer A-150. Ran out of panner's today on a patch I was working on, and had a thought. Thanks A-150.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My mark one Pamela has always been my most essential module over the years,

Once i get to grips with Ableton and expert sleepers ES-3 maybe Pamela will be de-throwned ?

Or maybe Pamela will still be an intricate part of my ES-3 thingy........
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
My mark one Pamela has always been my most essential module over the years,

Once i get to grips with Ableton and expert sleepers ES-3 maybe Pamela will be de-throwned ?

Or maybe Pamela will still be an intricate part of my ES-3 thingy........
I would have said Pamela's, but then again I could do almost the exact same thing with Yarns and a bunch of Doepfer modules. I only replaced them and use a Pamela's for the reduced HP footprint.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

My Muxlicer + DFAM combo has become essential. It's in every patch, doing something percussively. I "play" those faders on the Mux to affect the DFAM on the fly. 8 step sequenced CV.

Also, the backbone of my Modulation modules and what's in every patch is my uLFO and my URA. Both are brilliant, and analog, and I love them.

And then there's the Divide and Conquer, my clock divider. It's become essential, too. It has Outs down to /256, and it does 5s and 7s...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search