All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dreadbox Antiphon DIY Kit
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Dreadbox Antiphon DIY Kit

Site page:

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/antiphon/

Video:

Let me also point out the funky new eurorack modules they've teased here, you can spot them whenever the whole modular case is shown (bottom row).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Funnily enough was picking around on their site just last week thinking they were sorta overdue on another DIY project... thanks for the heads-up!

On its way!

(165euro + 30 euro Non-EU shipping for the curious)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ordered one lastnight £168 all in.

Hope all them other modules below are DIY.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Hopefully they do a built version or I can buy one off of a builder. I can't be the only one looking at this and thinking "Oh my god, Dreadbox just made an analog 8-operator FM machine," can I?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Well the kit will arrive on Monday, the only thing that disappoints me is there’s nothing to customise.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

ill probably use the tuner in ableton to tune mine
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Just been looking at the Dreadbox build manual and its just dawned on me that they expect you to solder the 11 TL074 op-amps straight to the board.
Ive said this many times on this forum that Dreadbox are so tight, always penny pinching, a 14 pin socket costs $0.05 each from Tayda, unbelievable really.

I simply refuse to solder thru-hole op-amps straight to a board because if they are faulty you'll destroy the board trying to remove them plus theres always the chance you'll damage them whilst soldering due to overheating them.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Mine arrived yesterday, just had time to solder the resistors and diodes, I’ll maybe try and finish it tonight.

I like the boards the solder takes to them well.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Also ordered one plus the cardboard box to host it. This‘ll be my first DIY/soldering project after maybe 5 years...? Anyway looking forward to it, also it‘s a good excuse to finally buy a proper soldering station (just used a cheap constant-temp soldering iron before haha). The only question now is if I‘ll have time before christmas to build it

...and I‘ve also been researching other modules the last few days, oh oh! I always stayed away from modular before (for time & financial reasons) but damn it‘s all so fascinating

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search