The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Moog Mother 32 or...
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Head

Moog Mother 32 or...

Hi

I'm starting in modular & learning electronics atm to make them myself.
But I've got a Moog Slim Phatty, really love it's sound, and I was thinking of selling it for a moog mother 32.
I think it will be a great start synth for the modular rack but I kinda start doubting because at second hand sites of Belgium & the Netherlands I can't find a single Moog Slim Phatty.
Should I keep it? Or is there a better modular synth for the price of 500-600euros to start with?
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Guru

Speaking as a modular crack addict, I'd say keep the Phatty. The Mother offers CV connection, but it's so wimpy compared to the Phatty. One oscillator, a sequencer that doesn't play nice, a single envelope, etc. The Mother wins as far as CV control, but the Phatty is just a great-sounding synth. If you're wanting something to use as a centerpiece for modular, I'd go Neutron. It's half the price of the Mother, and offers a whole lot more features. Once you've gotten a sizable modular system going, the Neutron will still be worth having for all of the components to tap into. The Mother on the other hand is easy to outgrow.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Speaking as a modular crack addict, I'd say keep the Phatty. The Mother offers CV connection, but it's so wimpy compared to the Phatty. One oscillator, a sequencer that doesn't play nice, a single envelope, etc. The Mother wins as far as CV control, but the Phatty is just a great-sounding synth. If you're wanting something to use as a centerpiece for modular, I'd go Neutron. It's half the price of the Mother, and offers a whole lot more features. Once you've gotten a sizable modular system going, the Neutron will still be worth having for all of the components to tap into. The Mother on the other hand is easy to outgrow.
Idk the neutron takes even more space & the sound is terrible. Never liked even one second of a demo listening to it. Whereas the mother has so much demo's and sounds I acutally enjoy
but maybe keeping the slim phatty aint a bad idea
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja Man View Post
Idk the neutron takes even more space & the sound is terrible. Never liked even one second of a demo listening to it. Whereas the mother has so much demo's and sounds I acutally enjoy
but maybe keeping the slim phatty aint a bad idea
I agree on the demo’s. I don’t own the Neuron or the M32 btw.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search