The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Aira Modular :*what are the Logic types ?
Old 4th September 2019
Here for the gear

Aira Modular :*what are the Logic types ?

Hi,

In all Roland Aira modular, you have a virtual module called Logic operation described as such :

This module takes two input signals and outputs a choice of one depending on one of eight mathematical operations. This is great for creating rhythmic patterns by combining two clock signals, or to add some variations to a sequencer pattern by combing gate signals. Experiment with CV signals – even audio rate signals and take a walk on the harsh side!

http://www.roland.co.uk/blog/inside-...ar-customizer/

It makes a harsh fuzzy distortion, but the 8 operations are not described anywhere.

Has anyone ever figured what they were ?

Thanks a lot !
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
These are they
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIRA Modular Logic Gates.pdf (16.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Guru

It's interesting to see these in there. The manual I was just cruising says that they're only for audio signals. Logic is typically used on triggers and gates, but Aira doesn't really have the room or advanced enough modules to spit out enough gates and triggers to make this into a meaningful/useful signal. I'm guessing because of the manual typo, they intended this more for screwing with waveforms.
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
Yeah, never tried them with actual gates - someone on muffs had said they might be implented as bitwise operations, rather than the usual high/low "gates" you'd expect...
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot, I probably looked over the document because I thought "logic gate was something else"

However : why does it sound like a fuzz ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search