The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mutable Instruments Braids - no sound or pitch change
Old 21st August 2019
Here for the gear

Mutable Instruments Braids - no sound or pitch change

Sooo… I don’t have any sound coming out of Braids nor any pitch change. It worked perfectly when I first got it, but now there's nothing coming out of the output. I’m using an Arturia Keystep to control the module and hear change in pitch or anything for that matter. The Range is set to EXT. The VCA is set to On, no sound. When I switched it OFF and ran it through a separate VCA, no sound. The firmware version is the latest one, 1.8. Any suggestions?? Thanks
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

The first rule of troubleshooting is to eliminate every possible not necessary variable that can alter the process.

To check if Braids produce any kind of sound, first remove every patch cable except the audio out. Connect the audio out direct from Braids to your mixer input (or your monitoring setup). Avoid any additional path after Braids like VCAs, effects of other modules. Of course adjust monitoring at a reasonable value because it can be loud.
Just to be sure there is no monitoring/cable problem, check if moving the cable to another sound source (VCO) output you have sound in your speakers/ headphones, only then move the cable to Braids audio out.

Set Braids to CSAW and adjust all potentiometers to 12'o clock.

My Braids are updated to V1.9 but probably most parameters in SETTINGS are similar.
Set as follows:
META - off
BITS - 16
RATE - 96k
TSRC - ext
TDLY - 125
ENV ATT - 0
ENV DEC - 5
ENV FM - 0
ENV TIME - 0
ENV COL - 0
ENV VCA - off
RANGE - ext
OCT - 0
QNTZ - off
ROOT - C
FLAT - off
DRFT - off
SIGN - off
BRIG - (display brightness, does not matter for sound)

If it produce sound with these settings it is OK, if not probably your module is damaged.
Keep us informed how it goes.

Good luck
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

Hey thanks for the reply and help. Turns out it just didn't to be calibrated. Haha stupid me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search