The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for cheap USB/MIDI to CV interface with Ableton
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear

Looking for cheap USB/MIDI to CV interface with Ableton

Hey guys,

I have two semimodular synths (Model D + Neutron) and I would like to automate a few things within ableton and I will need a CV interface to control for example the filter of the Model D.

There are really expensive interfaces, but there are cheaper solutions too.

Currently I'm looking forward to a Mutable Instruments CVPal. However it does not have my whole voltage-range I might consider (max. 4V, Model D accepts up to 5V, but that would be still fine! I tested the filter with 4V and that range is ok for me). Price is like 30-40€ here in Germany. It seems to be not that fast with windows...

Can you suggest any interfaces? Using Ableton with Windows 10. My interface has MIDI out and is not capable of CV.

Thanks
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Guru

If you haven't jumped into the Eurorack format, maybe consider a stand-alone box like a Kenton?

Or that Akai controller has CV outs that can be reassigned.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Nut

The neutron has an assignable cv output and midi in: you can set the assignable output to modwheel, and use that to control whatever you want
Old 20th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgV View Post
The neutron has an assignable cv output and midi in: you can set the assignable output to modwheel, and use that to control whatever you want

Didn't think of that! I might consider to automate more than one parameter though. However I used this right away and it's so simple yet effective. Thanks a lot.
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Nut

Also, outside of eurorack there is the cv ocd. Arturia keystep can also be used in this way I think (not sure). In eurorack the 2hp midi is a relatively cheap solution. All similar prices, no personal experience with any of them btw.

I used to have a (second hand) Mutable Yarns, which is great but a lot more expensive.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search