The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
1 Bit Multitap delay Feedback modules
Old 17th August 2019
Lives for gear

1 Bit Multitap delay Feedback modules

Feedback modules 1 Bit Multistep delay caught my eye this morning and i fancied a build as I've not built anything in a longtime, especially as its thru-hole as to be honest i don't really enjoy SMT builds. Its not a new module i think its about 2 years old but I've been out of the loop so this is the first time I've heard of it.

You can buy them fully built from Here €200.00 seems reasonable.

Anyway I've ordered Kit 2 from Here because i couldn't be bothered sourcing the chips however i didn't go as far as kit 3 because i didn't want to pay for Knobs, Pots, sockets and headers as i have drawers full of them and when i get a better picture of the build a cheap order from Tayda will probably cover the odd components i don't already have.
Its not a build i'll rush due to my day job ill just do half hour here and there until its complete.

Old 18th August 2019
Lives for gear

At first I thought, "I wonder what a module dedicated to 1bit Delay Feedback is all about...?"

And then I opened the thread.

Old 18th August 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for posting this.

I was surprised to see the review in Future Music because I had no idea about its existence. Saw it was posted only three days ago so this explains.

I sugest to build it very carefully because it is a complicated module and if you do something wrong it is not easy to troubleshoot. Even my friend Strat1 (Feedback) who built dozens of them, once made a mistake and he wasted hours to find the problem.

By the way, in a few weeks there will be new DIY modules from Feedback. A simple but very efficient compressor/saturator, a complex distortion module, a spring reverb, two different envelope generators and two different VCAs.
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

The build begins, first the memory board with components i have around the house.

Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Addict
Looking good! I've recently aquired the 106 chorus, and it's beautiful. I've listened a couple of times and didn't really feel much for it. But the more I listen to it, the more interesiting this thing gets. I most likely order it next month.
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

I've got one, it's super hefty and thick with two boards packed to the tits with full sized components. good luck with your build!
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
I've got one, it's super hefty and thick with two boards packed to the tits with full sized components. good luck with your build!
Ive used low-profile electrolyte capacitors on mine so i don't have to solder them on a back of the board and bend them over.

still waiting for components to arrive from Tayda/Thailand which i ordered about 10 days ago so i can finish it.

Got the Dreadbox Antiphon arriving on Monday the way its looking i'll get that build before this delay.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tonight i visited "Feedback 1 bit Multitap delay" and they had 5 modules for sale,

I bought one, so there are 4 left.

I had to buy one as i can't believe they can make them and sell them for so cheap.

so soon i'll have 2

the shop is HERE, they won't be there long.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
im gonna go for it myself as well very soon. its one of the better modular delays ive heard. its suprisingly analog sounding,.. or wel, that warm sounding. Dont wanna say analog if its digital. Sounds so, puristic (which im not)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I can't yet, too many other higher priority items ahead of it right now.

But in a couple of months I'll be chasing one and watching for opportunities to buy.

I will own one, the only questions are how soon and what I'll have to pay for it later.

Sigh.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Tonight i visited "Feedback 1 bit Multitap delay" and they had 5 modules for sale,

I bought one, so there are 4 left.

I had to buy one as i can't believe they can make them and sell them for so cheap.

so soon i'll have 2

the shop is HERE, they won't be there long.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I‘ve been thinking to DIY one but as I already have other projects and the price of a finished module is so reasonable, I‘ve just bought one as well. Looking forward to it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search