The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone else interested in the Joranalogue CONTOUR?
Old 16th August 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone else interested in the Joranalogue CONTOUR?

Count me amongst those who are big fans of DivKid's videos on individual modules, and this newer one (found in the thread at MW) made me put this new Function Generator / All Around Mod Source at the top of my list in this category/type.

I will have one, soonish. Looks brilliant, and a nice one to have in your own Mod Source "stable".

Anyone else impressed and/or interested?

Old 18th August 2019
Gear Head

I'm always impressed by the Joranalogue modules. Joran seems to be a great engineer and he's really pushing the envelope when it comes to quality of his components and builds. There are loads of makers that could release, say, a buffered multiple, and be ok with a couple of % of voltage drop when running CV though it. In contrast you can always be sure that a Joranalogue multiple will have minimum amount of drop. And that goes for all functions of all his modules. And still he doesn't charge as much as you'd expect for this type of quality.

Contour 1 is like the Maths channel 1 or 4 but with several improvements. The big one is that it tracks well at audio rate, including temperature compensation. From Maths you'll only get and octave or so. Contour 1 also time compensates when you bend the slope which allows you to bend the waveform without losing the melodic tracking. Very cool!
Old 23rd August 2019
Bought it yesterday at Schneiders. Can't wait to finish work and have a long weekend with this thing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search