The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Deckard's Voice
Old 6th August 2019
Deckard's Voice

Quote:
We are excited to announce Deckard’s Voice - an entry level semi-modular synth from Black Corporation for eurorack systems. Sharing the same paradigm and circuit as it's bigger brother Deckard's Dream, trimmed down for eurorack and supplemented with the flexibility available only in a modular format. Shipping this autumn.
Deckard's Voice-deckards-voice.jpg

Let's see how it sounds
Attached Thumbnails
Deckard's Voice-deckards-voice.jpg  
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Guru

Ooh!!! Me likey!!!
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

I'm very interested. Seems like one VCO, unless that LFO can go high.

I'm hoping it will sound something like a CS-10
Old 6th August 2019
Lives for gear

Hope theres a DIY version.
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Addict

looking forward to hear the demo
Old 7th August 2019
Grow a beard, buy a (or two or....) Deckard’s voice .
Old 7th August 2019
M32
Lives for gear

HP size? i was thinking 30, but someone already made a modulargrid model for 32hp.
Old 7th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
I'm very interested. Seems like one VCO, unless that LFO can go high.
Yeah, the CS-80 is one oscillator per voice as well. The trick is that it plays two separate voices at once. So to get the full effect, you really need two of these.
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Kind of want two, already.

Scared of liking the demos too much.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Guru

I'm waiting for a price to be announced before it goes on my wishlist. I have a feeling this isn't going to be cheap, and If I really want the CS80 sound, I could build a modular Boomstar by adding the SE88 filter to what I already have.
Old 8th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I'm waiting for a price to be announced before it goes on my wishlist. I have a feeling this isn't going to be cheap, and If I really want the CS80 sound, I could build a modular Boomstar by adding the SE88 filter to what I already have.
I think you might be right. Because even if it's $500 you're probably going to want two of them. At that point it's tempting to just go for a Boomstar.
I wonder who has the better CS-80 filter.
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Dream Crusher.

(I totally agree)
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Dream Crusher.

(I totally agree)
Gave it some thought and did a little research: The SE88 is still only the two filters of one part of the CS80. Even if it is a perfect model (which who knows?), you'd need two of them plus an oscillator each, a VCA each, and two envelopes per voice. Two of these are probably cheaper. ...hopefully not just marginally so. I want a CS80 voice, dammit!
Old 9th August 2019
$799. Not cheap....
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
$799. Not cheap....
So $1600 for a full voice. That's almost half the cost of the Deckard's dream, and you still only get one-note polyphony. Gotta love that Eurorack tax...
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

Ummm, yeah, that's a Deckard's Nope then.

Much too expensive for me, relative to my degree of interest, by a factor of 2x or more.

Eurorack tax, indeed.
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

Yoikes never mind. Seems like Studio Electronics remains the way to go.
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post

Let's see how it sounds
it looks like the "under the hood presets" for that old yamaha poly, the 100kg one.
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear

I had an SE-88, sounds great, very CS, didn't like the blackout. And it doesn't have the CV input structure of a CS, which was a big part of the sound (did it with external gear). As to the DV, seems cool, but it is missing the initial pitchbend section. Could be done with external modules, but would have been neat to have within the voice also of course, the ring modulator and chorus/sustain section..... Still I will wait to hear it, then decide.
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
I had an SE-88, sounds great, very CS, didn't like the blackout. And it doesn't have the CV input structure of a CS, which was a big part of the sound (did it with external gear). As to the DV, seems cool, but it is missing the initial pitchbend section. Could be done with external modules, but would have been neat to have within the voice also of course, the ring modulator and chorus/delay section..... Still I will wait to hear it, then decide.
One thing on the SE-88. If you have used other SE filters, you know the gain has a certain drive to it. The SE-88 has two of those stages. That part is very SE.

I don't like the blackout either, but you can work around it once you know it's there.
Old 16th August 2019
Price for pre-order is $ 699. Expected to ship in novembre 2019.
Not shure if the price remains $ 699. First anouncement was $799.
Old 16th August 2019
Lives for gear

It looks like there’s a secondary helper module with an additional LFO/VCO and envelope etc,
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1OUFjYB...d=r25s1r1p32k1
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

Does anyone have two Doepfer A-106-5 SEM filters? Running a good fat VCO through two of them (consecutively) is supposed to have a vintage CS80 vibe, more vintage sounding than the DD, at least that's what I remember reading somewhere. Would love to try it. Like maybe a VCOb + A-106-5 + A-106-5...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search