The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Neutron and MS-101 - modulation options
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

Neutron and MS-101 - modulation options

What kind of connections can I make between the behringer neutron and the ms-101 without running the risk of burning some circuit?

Just tested ms101 velocity out to ms101 filter in and neutron lfo out to ms101 filter in, I'm also sequencing the neutron through the midi cable from the ms.

Can i sequence the neutron through cv or gate out?
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoloch View Post
What kind of connections can I make between the behringer neutron and the ms-101 without running the risk of burning some circuit?

Just tested ms101 velocity out to ms101 filter in and neutron lfo out to ms101 filter in, I'm also sequencing the neutron through the midi cable from the ms.

Can i sequence the neutron through cv or gate out?
Anything you want ...
Old 8th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Anything you want ...
Just to expand on this a little since I know the whole control voltage premise is kind of scary from a newbie perspective (hell, I've been at it for years, and electricity still scares the hell out of me), there is nothing you can connect between the two that would hurt the other. You can use MIDI and CV at the same time, you can control/modulate anything on the Neutron you want to from the MS-101 and vice versa. There is zero risk of hurting anything.
Old 8th July 2019
Here for the gear

The MS-101 manual does not have any information other than the voltages at each in/output, in the sh-101 manual I read that the cv and gate out send the sequencer. If I can control/modulate anything on the Neutron I want to from the MS-101 and vice versa is there a way to assign the cv and gate input of the MS-101?
Old 8th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
The MS-101 manual does not have any information other than the voltages at each in/output, in the sh-101 manual I read that the cv and gate out send the sequencer. If I can control/modulate anything on the Neutron I want to from the MS-101 and vice versa is there a way to assign the cv and gate input of the MS-101?
Yes, you can connect the inputs on the MS-101 to any outputs on the Neuron. For instance, you could control it with the LFO's and envelopes.
Old 4 weeks ago
RiF
Lives for gear

Just do not connect inputs to inputs or outputs to outputs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search