The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Expanding Mother-32 with Behringer Model D
Old 2nd July 2019
Here for the gear

Expanding Mother-32 with Behringer Model D

Hello, I am buying a mother-32 and I know that it can have a lot of limitations if you use it as a standalone synth, mainly having just 1 osc. So I was thinking of coupling it with the Behringer Model D (because I just love how it sounds). I could use the mother's sequencer for the model D, and the model D to have 3 more oscillators which bring more flexibility. So my question is and I know there are much better options to couple the mother with, but do you think this 2 together help eliminate the limitations that each of them has? Will I be able to expand the possibilities of the mother-32 by patching it with the Model D? And one final question, can I use the envelopes of the model D to modulate the mother-32?
Old 3rd July 2019
Lives for gear

It’s not the best pair. DFAM or an O Coast would be much more effective than the D.
Old 3rd July 2019
Gear Guru

Moog's sequencer doesn't play nicely with other Eurorack, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell the Mother and replace it with a Boog. Brace yourself for awesomeness.
Old 3rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Moog's sequencer doesn't play nicely with other Eurorack, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell the Mother and replace it with a Boog. Brace yourself for awesomeness.
That would be one solution.

Mother 32 sequencer plays nice with anything that has buffered inputs. Otherwise yeah, real pain to connect it to other modules.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search