The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ambient eurorack: options.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

ambient eurorack: options.

ey there, what do you change or what do you add in the space in this case?

will seq with akai force.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A couple Distings maybe?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Loose the output module and put some VCA's in there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Loose the output module and put some VCA's in there.
yeah, i was thinking in that, or maybe add a good euorack mixer in a another new case.
Old 4 weeks ago
For ambient, add a sampler module (or sampler). And get a KOMA Field Kit. :-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
For ambient, add a sampler module (or sampler). And get a KOMA Field Kit. :-)
Do you mean the Field Kit, or Field Kit FX? As someone with both, the FX I would absolutely recommend in this case, what with delay and spring reverb etc. I would also recommend the OG Field Kit, but it’s requires a certain level of intent in approach and may not be what the OP is looking for (unless they want to create systems with motors and things
Old 4 weeks ago
Sorry, but what’s the purpose of this rack?
Why these filters?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT75 View Post
Sorry, but what’s the purpose of this rack?
Why these filters?
why not? are filters!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Do you mean the Field Kit, or Field Kit FX? As someone with both, the FX I would absolutely recommend in this case, what with delay and spring reverb etc. I would also recommend the OG Field Kit, but it’s requires a certain level of intent in approach and may not be what the OP is looking for (unless they want to create systems with motors and things
I'd get both (still on the list). At first I had dismissed them myself, because it overlaps a lot of my other gear, but to just throw in a bag and take to someone to spend a day messing with sound, these are useful.
I like using microphones (re-amping) as an effect. Synths, effects, processing, it's all a part of the same process here, in a way. Using a microphone can create such a nice space around instruments. Dreamy soundscapes.

But you're right, for purely FX, the KOMA Field Kit FX is the better choice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

if i was going to make an ambient rack from scratch i'd probably get a Verbos Harmonic Oscillator a load of modulation and Z-DSP/Halls of Valhalla.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks like a fun setup! I would say yes maybe add a lo pass gate like an LXD and definitely some utility like attenuation... otherwise you’ll play around with it & figure out pretty easily what you need & what you dont
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
I'd get both (still on the list). At first I had dismissed them myself, because it overlaps a lot of my other gear, but to just throw in a bag and take to someone to spend a day messing with sound, these are useful.
I like using microphones (re-amping) as an effect. Synths, effects, processing, it's all a part of the same process here, in a way. Using a microphone can create such a nice space around instruments. Dreamy soundscapes.

But you're right, for purely FX, the KOMA Field Kit FX is the better choice.
What Mic would you pair with a Field Kit and some other gear for a little backpack setup?

Lately I have realized that several pieces of gear I have and love are already battery/USB-powered ready, like my 626 and Volca Sample, and SQ-1, some pedals, etc, so I am looking into options.

I want a new digital field recorder, too.
Old 2 weeks ago
RiF
Lives for gear

A lot of dense, multi-functional modules here. You need to be aware that these require some learning.
I like more immediate modules that I can wiggle without reaching out for the manual...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search