The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MFB Drum modules
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Nut
MFB Drum modules

Anyone using these? Once, before I got the modular bug I wanted to buy a Tanzbar. But now I own some MFB (drum) modules like 522-Snare, the Drum-07 Hihats, the dual ADSR and a Seq 3 is being shipped toward me.

I like this warm kinda "tapey" sound they have. Wondering if anyone using any of the current or discounted modules? Which one do you like? Unfortunately, they are all super large for smaller racks, but at least full sized well spaced knobs and lots of CV. I guess I just need a bigger rack.

How does the Kick modules compare to TipTop or any other kick modules? The Tanzbar had a notoriously huge 808 kick, wondering about the MFB Kick modules too.
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Guru

I've got the Kick, Snare, and Hats/Cymbals (none of them are the 522 models). Can't speak for the 522 modules, but the original series are great. They're kind of 909 ish at their core, but with some extra tricks up their sleeves. They were super cheap and I use them a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search