The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Intellijel Audio I/O troubles
Old 6th June 2019
Here for the gear

Intellijel Audio I/O troubles

I'm a modular synthesis beginner, so I apologize if my blindspot is embarrassingly visible.

I have the Pittsburgh 270hp powered Eurorack. I have Mutable Instruments - Clouds, Rings, Peaks, Plaits and Ears loaded into it.

I also purchased a new Intellijel Audio I/O with hopes to run stereo outs into my Focusrite Scarelett 18i20, then into ProTools.

I'm concerned because as soon as I turn on my Eurorack, it shows my Audio I/O peaking, even though it doesn't have any sound sources plugged into it.

I double checked that the -12v lines up with the module and the rack. I also hit the switch on the back that changes the meters from bars to dots and instead of it showing peaking levels, it just lights up some of them randomly and steadily.

Does anybody know if they just light up by default when you don't have anything plugged into it?

While I have your attention, anything else I should know before I mess anything up. Voltage conversion needed from modular rig to my interface into ProTools?
Old 6th June 2019
Here for the gear

I figured out the issue with the I/O. It has a greater depth than my MI modules and when it's pressed up to a corner, it's circuitry touches a metal strip on the interior of the eurorack.

But with the given information above I'd love any advice on voltage to my interface.

Thanks!
Old 6th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernsyworld View Post
I figured out the issue with the I/O. It has a greater depth than my MI modules and when it's pressed up to a corner, it's circuitry touches a metal strip on the interior of the eurorack.

But with the given information above I'd love any advice on voltage to my interface.

Thanks!
No advice needed really, the purpose of the I/O module is to take care of the voltage and impedance conversion for you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search