The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Line Level into Synth Modules
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear

Line Level into Synth Modules

Hello,
just wrote a huge questions, but something did not work, so here´s the short version. Excuse me for being a noob.

- Bought myself a mother32
- The manual states that in order to operate correctly, all external audio can be used, as long as you get it up to 10V (eurorack level standard)
- I want to get recorded tracks from my interface (line level, so something around 3,4V if i am right) into my mother 32 to process my music through mama´s filter and make everything go crazy. Because crazier = better, as far as i am concerned.
- What do i need, in order to amplify my line signal? In true Eurorack world you would use an active mixer module right? Is there any other way to amplify it?
- I only own the Mother 32, cant afford euro-case, power supply etc.
So any other way please?
Old 4th June 2019
M32
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMyMistress View Post
Hello,
just wrote a huge questions, but something did not work, so here´s the short version. Excuse me for being a noob.

- Bought myself a mother32
- The manual states that in order to operate correctly, all external audio can be used, as long as you get it up to 10V (eurorack level standard)
- I want to get recorded tracks from my interface (line level, so something around 3,4V if i am right) into my mother 32 to process my music through mama´s filter and make everything go crazy. Because crazier = better, as far as i am concerned.
- What do i need, in order to amplify my line signal? In true Eurorack world you would use an active mixer module right? Is there any other way to amplify it?
- I only own the Mother 32, cant afford euro-case, power supply etc.
So any other way please?
In eurorack you would use an interface module, but you can also just use a vca to boost the signal.
Just try it straight from the interface, it'll probably work already from a line output. Often headphone outputs can drive harder than main outs, so try using those maybe?

Getting back from modular is more tricky, there's plenty of signal, but it's hard to find a nice dynamic balance without overloading your soundcard inputs.
But the Mother has a line out, so that's not a problem in your case
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear

Ok i will just try it directly then, was afraid to blow something up that way, now i am confident haha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search