The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BIA vs Cursus Iteritas Percido
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Addict

BIA vs Cursus Iteritas Percido

Hey,

I have a first-world-money-blow problem, maybe someone could enlighten me.

I am not sure if I should order a BIA or the new Cursus Iteritas Percido.
I am looking for industrial-techno-ey sounds, not really for a drum voice.
Both can do that wonderfully.
One is cheaper, the other has more CV-ins.

What are the main differences?

Thanks and cheers,
t.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Do you already have a Manis Iteritas? That's the one I've got my eye on for industrial voices.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Addict

No I have none of those digital grinders. But I just watched a Manis Iteritas video. This and a BIA would be very nice together and won't cost much more than the Cursus Iteritas Percido.
Thanks for mentioning the Manis Iteritas, now I have to rethink =)
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

I'm getting a BIA very soon. They sound so good.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Addict

Oh yes.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

In general, you can't go wrong with anything from Noise Engineering. I've got the Loquelic Iteritas, which is like a digital rendition of the 259e, and it is mean as hell. BIA and Manis are on my list for sure, though. NE's sound is just plain violent, and I love it. They kinda took that violent approach to the Mimetic Digitalis as well, and even though it's "just" a sequencer, it definitely dabbles in the dark arts.

Plus they're making us learn Latin when shopping for their modules, which is pretty cool. Hopefully they'll bring in some adverbs, and perhaps something that clears up the sentence structure?
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Addict

I too feel that the Mimetic Digitalis fits their sound aesthetics.
Dudes at work always look kinda weird when I say things like 'Basimilus Iteritas Alter'. Always good pretending to be into Latin.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

I’ve got the BIA and Manis Iteritas. When I got the BIA I thought it was one of the most aggressive sounding modules I’d ever heard and described it as sounding like Skinny Puppy/Download in 10HP. Then I got the MI, and it kinda made the BIA sound anemic in comparison. That’s no slight on the BIA, it’s just that the MI is that much more aggressive. They’re a very perfect pair, and you could probably rinse a short set with only those for voices and some sequencing and modulation...I’ve been exploring that a little myself and it’s a blast.

I hadn’t checked out the Cursus Iteritas Percido until now, but I like it. I kinda say get them all
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
[...] I kinda say get them all
You are a wise man!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I really would like to get both... Let's see.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Of Nebula View Post
You are a wise man!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I really would like to get both... Let's see.
If you’re in the States, I just saw that PCA has the Manis Iteritas on sale for Memorial Day, if that twists your arm at all. Not gonna lie, I almost bought a second one on impulse because it’s so rad.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Curious Iterative Pescado is how I read the title.

(How different is the BI from the BIA?)
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
If you’re in the States, I just saw that PCA has the Manis Iteritas on sale for Memorial Day, if that twists your arm at all. Not gonna lie, I almost bought a second one on impulse because it’s so rad.
Thanks for the hint! I am located in EU and I am not good at waiting, that's why I'd rather order from my region.

But good to know that you would get a second one. It performs to my taste in all the videos I've watched.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Curious Iterative Pescado is how I read the title.

(How different is the BI from the BIA?)
I just know Pescado's Palace.
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Addict

I just ordered a BIA and a Manhattan MVP + DTM. I realized that I need the Manhattans more than a second filth module.

I am looking forward to exploring the BIA!
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Addict

I did a rough and unmixed mini-track with my new BIA, which I fell in love with.
All sounds are BIA except the 909 hat.
BIA leads me into cheesy territories =)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search