The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Noob question about modular, semi modular
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Head
Noob question about modular, semi modular

I haven't done anything modular yet, I wanted to know if I add something like say, a Moog grandmother to my setup, would I be able to run other gear through the CV jacks to it? Like say a sirin or Roland SE02.

I have no idea how any of that works
Old 18th May 2019
Gear Maniac

That's the idea. If you have other synths that can be controlled via cv, you should be able
to control them to some degree at least. Typically, this means that, say, you could use the
modulation source from the Moog to control a filter on another device, or run the output
of the other, through the filter on the moog. Depending on how it's set up (I don't have one).
You should be able to use midi as well, for devices that don't have cv control, although,
likely it wouldn't be in the same scope. CV is usually more parameter oriented. Midi would
be good for driving another device with the moog's step sequencer for instance.

Anyway, I do recall their marketing blurb touting it's viability in a modular situation.
It's usefulness, to that end, will be mostly dependent on the other device however.

The Grandmother seems like a nice synth, definitely.
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome to the modular world where you can modulate anything with anything. If it's got CV/Audio jacks, you can do it.
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Head
So I ended up getting a DFAM. I decided I have neither the room nor the need for another keyboard based synth.

What kind of weird stuff have you guys done with this?
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_cubed View Post
So I ended up getting a DFAM. I decided I have neither the room nor the need for another keyboard based synth.

What kind of weird stuff have you guys done with this?
Follow those little patch sheets that come with it. They're tedious, but very educational in understanding what all the functions do and how you can make them interact. DFAM is actually a pretty good module on its own before even adding other stuff. I like to just self-patch it and then send the output to a compressor module or maybe distortion.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search