The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Delay modules
Old 11th May 2019
Delay modules

Played with the Moog Matriarch at Superbooth, and absolutely love the delay.

Is there anything like that in Eurorack?
Old 11th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Maybe the eventide delay.
Old 11th May 2019
Thats a digital delay, I guess I am looking for an analog one.

Playing with the feedback and time settings on the Moog gives stunning (and super smooth) tones, thats the kind of sound I am after
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Heh, well there is a 500 series delay from Moog for $1400 ish I think.

*Thought I read you had a 500 series, dunno if it’s the same.
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

If you want the Skinny Puppy sound, you'll want a BBD ...

http://www.doepfer.de/A1881.htm
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xaoc-devices-sarajewo

If you want a Space Echo, then Magneto.
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

there's the Erica Synth DIY BBD Delay
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-...-diy-bbd-delay

and XAOC Sarajewo a BBD delay (announced at superbooth)
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xaoc-devices-sarajewo
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear
Seems you've biased a good thread title with a bit of an obtuse question... The short answer to what "is like" a "Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats" in eurorack is: Nothing at all.
Depends on how you interpret those specs of course and which parts are the ones you are most interested in and how close "is like" has to be. I struggle a bit to see that literally mean two actual seperate channels of 700ms worth of buckets, so not sure where the goalposts are exactly. There are interesting delays in euro for sure, but they tend to the quirky and experimental, if you are wanting classic bucket brigade, a rackmount kills anything in euro. Strangely enough, I have more CV control on old digital delays than on analogue ones, so might even be a moogerfooger is still the high water mark for those sorta specs thats euro-friendly at least.

EDIT: OK, scratch that, the moogerfooger isn't stereo either.
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

I know you said analog delays, but you really should give the Chronoblob 2 a look. I got one a few weeks ago, and even as something of a freak for delays it might be my favorite delay ever, in any format...but it really comes alive with CV. Just a super musical, gorgeous sounding delay. Sure, it’s not analog, but it might trick your ears into thinking it is. The send/return in mono mode is really cool too...patch a nice filter in there and things get very tasty.
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

There are tons of BBD delay modules in Eurocrack. I'm particularly partial to the Synthrotek one. Lots of color in that cheap little module.
Old 14th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
There are tons of BBD delay modules in Eurocrack. I'm particularly partial to the Synthrotek one. Lots of color in that cheap little module.
To be technical about it, the Synthrotek delay doesn't use BBD chips or technology, even though they incorrectly state:
Quote:
The Synthrotek DLY is a PT2399 bucket-brigade delay module.
The PT2399 is a digital chip:
http://www.diyaudiocircuits.com/wp-c...12/09/2399.pdf
Quote:
PT2399 is an echo audio processor IC utilizing CMOS Technology which is equipped with ADC and DAC, high sampling frequency and an internal memory of 44K. Digital processing is used to generate the delay time
Of course, who really cares what's inside it so long as it sounds and works the way you want it to?!
Old 14th May 2019
DSC
Gear Maniac

I know it's digital, but IMHO it's pretty close! Very gentle touch over all too.

Old 14th May 2019
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
I know it's digital, but IMHO it's pretty close! Very gentle touch over all too.

Damn you and your custom modules...that looks fantastic! Even if I was more useful than dangerous with a soldering iron I don’t think I’d ever have the cajones to DIY an expensive pedal like that into modular.
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
Damn you and your custom modules...that looks fantastic! Even if I was more useful than dangerous with a soldering iron I don’t think I’d ever have the cajones to DIY an expensive pedal like that into modular.
I know, I wish I could mute DSC ... He puts us all to shame.
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

It's amazing work, and inspiring, his DIY projects.
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

can we just ban Million Machine March content from these pages.
it's just not fair to see modules that are unobtainable.
GO AWAY.

Old 18th May 2019
Gear Maniac

^ haha, I bet if you were to offer him the right amount of cash, the unobtainable could become
obtainable. Obvioiusly, he aint stupid

*I shudder to think what that would cost though, and rightly so...
Old 24th May 2019
Here for the gear
Erica synths new delay should be out any day now:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-...k-stereo-delay
Old 27th May 2019
this thing brutal (sadly some of the feedback sounds have been edited out - overloaded my recorder)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search