The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Voltage Research Laboratory by Pittsburgh Modular
Old 26th September 2019
Deleted bbe5aef
Stoked for this beast. Wish I Kickstarted it. Too bad it got delayed due to the panel manufacturers...

This with the Moog Matriarch could be the combo of the century. Add in a Summit for good measure, nice pads and ****in' wowe.

The industry could use some more West Coast inspired synths to thicken up the sonic space
Old 26th October 2019
Deleted 4c3c464
Really like this as I can use it without the modular system I do not have.
But I have a bunch of CV modded Monotribes I can!

Old 27th October 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
I'm really really disappointed the function generators don't go high into the audio range, I think this is a huge miss, I really wanted four stable sound sources and having two oscillators as function generators gives you huge control, I really don't understand why they did this! I'm sick of hearing them say they feel this works in this situation better.. they always say that but it seems like it's never true! They just gimp things! It really makes me mad since they did them right on the Microvolt which cost a third of this, why not just use the same range on this? Is not like they can't do it, they choose that.. so it's a $1600 duo synth, when it could have been like the matriarch with four oscillators if you want.. it feels really overpriced, I mean why not just get two microvolts and have way more? Anyway, I hate to bring down this thing, is basically my dream synth... I'm just really disappointed. Silly decision..
Old 27th October 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
I wonder if you route the function generator through the multiplier will it bring the rate up higher you can use it as a oscillator?
Old 3 weeks ago
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Got my shipping notification today!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
Dope!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What pledge# are you? (So I can work out when mine will come!!)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
What pledge# are you? (So I can work out when mine will come!!)
I was pledge #45 , full system.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

BTW, in case you missed the message this morning from the PM guys, they are shipping 20 to 25 VRLs every Friday, or at least that is their goal.

Take your pledge number, subtract 45 (given that I am #45 and got a shipment today), divide by 20 and you should have your worst case scenario number of weeks before they ship it to you.

More or less...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
BTW, in case you missed the message this morning from the PM guys, they are shipping 20 to 25 VRLs every Friday, or at least that is their goal.

Take your pledge number, subtract 45 (given that I am #45 and got a shipment today), divide by 20 and you should have your worst case scenario number of weeks before they ship it to you.

More or less...
If I wanted to do math with my synth gear, I'd be making music with a calculator!

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
These things are hella cool and modern-sexy.

Like, the MOMA ought to buy one to display.
Old 3 days ago
M32
Lives for gear

https://pittsburghmodular.com/lifefo...log-delay-unit

Standalone bbd delay module from the voltage lab

i've a feeling there's more to follow: the pic at the bottom of the page seems to show a module version of the Main osc of the Voltage Lab: ('organic waveform designer') or maybe it's just the wavefolder part

Really interesting, as the waveshaping had a very unique character

I hope they do the lfo/random section from the Microvolt in module-form. Loved that morphing between full-random to pseudorandom to fixed waveform. Simple but genius!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
https://pittsburghmodular.com/lifefo...log-delay-unit

Standalone bbd delay module from the voltage lab

i've a feeling there's more to follow: the pic at the bottom of the page seems to show a module version of the Main osc of the Voltage Lab: ('organic waveform designer') or maybe it's just the wavefolder part

Really interesting, as the waveshaping had a very unique character

I hope they do the lfo/random section from the Microvolt in module-form. Loved that morphing between full-random to pseudorandom to fixed waveform. Simple but genius!
Cool.

My music collaborator and friend has a Microvolt now checking it out and it's pretty great. I was playing with that Random feature yesterday.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

VRL has landed
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Man, that thing is gorgeous. The demos are great, too. Silly as the whole "sounds of nature" angle is, they did manage to get some great sounds out of this box.
+1

Never saw this before today. Wow, that's silly marketing indeed. First I thought this was something truly new and unique: "completely different ... influenced by the behaviors and systems of the natural world". Meh... It just sounds regular.

Even so, while poorly marketed, it does look and sound very good, a neat little package that will surely inspire many musicians.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search