The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shapeshifter > Noise Engineering VCOs. It's the best DVCO, change my mind
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Guru

Yeah, NE's only got a couple of drum modules. Their lineup is a lot of really awesome oscillators, sequencers, distortions, utilities... lots of good stuff there. I've only got three of their modules right now but my intention is to get a lot more.
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

There are at least 7 of their modules I want to try:

BIA
Viol Ruina
Kith Ruina (i call it the Mike Tyson module)
Sinc Bucina
Zularic Repitor
Confundo Funkitus
Integra Funkitus
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear

Two of the modes on BIA are for drum sounds, the othar makes a damn fine bass voice. I saw a guy do a show with the core being BIA going through an MMF and that completely sold me. The Manis Iteritas has the best tuning knob I've seen in modular. It's a lock knob with a really well, software tuned, range control encoder ... turn it fast for course, slowly for fine tuning.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Kith Ruina (i call it the Mike Tyson module)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

SS is big, expensive, and it looks impenetrable (on the surface) ... i don't see myself designating 24+ hp to a voice module, save for a DPO, or the forthcoming XAOC Odessa. I don't care for navigating menus on a complex voice module. I'd take the Loquelic Iteritas any day, for its immediacy, feel, and simplicity. *scoffs* at "best" anything ... why would anybody care to change somebody's mind about their personal preference? is it a writing contest? Check out Muff Wiggler for "thoughts" - there are plenty of opinions on digital oscillators on the MW forum, and there's no real consensus. Go figure

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search