The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
0-coast/neutron pairing Modular Synthesizers
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

0-coast/neutron pairing

Hi All,

I got into modular through the 0-coast a couple years back, and picked up a neutron as well when it got released.

I was thinking of picking up one of those small new 4ms cases and am considering loading it with the following:
-uBurst microclouds
-maths
-pico VCF1

What do y'all think of those as support modules and is there anything else I would need to stick in the case to make those usable/worthwhile?

Thanks for the advice!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Well, granular re-synthesis is always a good thing imho.
I like Erica synths, so the VCF would probably be nice as well. Particularly as Make Noise tends to
be light on filters.

As for Maths, I love maths. It looks like there is at least 1 channel of it already in the 0-Coast.
Looking at the Neutron, looks like there's plenty to do as well. If it were me, I would probably
find something a little more exciting, given the limited hp in that case. Maybe an ES Disting,
or a nice effect. Although, I cant really offer any suggestions that wouldn't approach or exceed
the cost of either synth.

-Cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks good!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manksy View Post
Hi All,

I got into modular through the 0-coast a couple years back, and picked up a neutron as well when it got released.

I was thinking of picking up one of those small new 4ms cases and am considering loading it with the following:
-uBurst microclouds
-maths
-pico VCF1

What do y'all think of those as support modules and is there anything else I would need to stick in the case to make those usable/worthwhile?

Thanks for the advice!
I’d support this plan, as I basically have all of this gear myself other than the Neutron (mind you, I have an OG Clouds, and I just ordered the Pico VCF1 myself tonight and obviously have not laid hands on it).

A previous poster suggested the Disting, and while that is a good idea as far a number of features in a small case, the Distings are all way too deep to fit into a 4MS Pod. You might be able to fit in another multifunction module like a Peaks or a uO_C tho...the latter would be especially lethal in a small setup if it fits. Good luck tho, that’s definitely a good jump off point!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hmm, 42 mm depth vs 50 in the case. Also the bus board is mounted horizontally at the top.
You can fit a Magneto in there apparently, only 1 mm less deep. Maths is not a bad choice either,
especially since it can be used as a mixer. Anyway, just sayin, as I am tempted by these cases
myself.

My thinking is that there's plenty of function in those synths, I just thought them light on effects.

Of course, I have neither, so cant say I really know **** about it.

-Cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search