The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Patches n Demos
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Patches n Demos

I've set this space up to share learning on patches and demo's for beginner and advanced artists alike. I've always felt that there is a need for this as I got a lot of help myself from the forum setting up basic patches when I started and would be useful to have a learning resource. We can discuss how we are using modules and patching in different ways and share particular things we find useful and any difficulties we face. This can be as simple as trying out a new module right through to demonstrating performance patches. It should be inclusive for everyone to feel they can share and contribute ideas and compositions regardless of experience and ability. Just over 2 years in since buying my first modules which were Braids, Maths and Polaris, I'm still discovery and learning how to use the ones I've acquired and trying out some new ones.

Any format is good: photos, video, description or sketching patches - I understand this is a bit fiddly and can be time consuming.

Let's develop this shared learning space!
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

This is my first tryout patch with Rings, simple but I like it. Loving the strings sound and how it sounds modulating the strum with LFO. Nothing impressive I know but just a demo to show how it sounds. Share your patches!

20190406_124817.mp4 - Google Drive

Rings Patch
Attached Thumbnails
Patches n Demos-rings-patch.jpg  
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Patches anyone? I'm particularly interested in Ornaments n Crime patches if anyone's interested in demoing.
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
Patches anyone? I'm particularly interested in Ornaments n Crime patches if anyone's interested in demoing.
I'm hoping someone might pop in and say hi for a cup of tea and some patch chat!

My patches are always quite simple and still have a lot to learn about modulation choices. I set this one up today playing with Rings. I was modulating the V/OCT and strum inputs with LFO's and the LFO input with Maths with interesting results. What else might I do here for some interesting modulation options? I have added in Ornaments n Crime to remind me to try the different options.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/53850
Attached Thumbnails
Patches n Demos-modulargrid_53850.jpg  
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Nice having a conversation with myself. Won't someone join me?

I thought trying some patches in VCVrack would be a good learning exercise, to take some of this into Euro. I'm still beginner = intermediate after 3 years noodling

Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

I don't have anything to share at this time, but I'll bump it for ya and check back later. Maybe it'll get some traction.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

I don't know how, but I completely overlooked this thread after discovering it for the first time.

justjools, you are not alone, I'll promise to contribute in the near future!

btw. Omri Cohen's videos are very informative, not just for VCV users.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Guru

This was just brought up in another thread, but remember that 'boring' utilities can do magic stuff at audio-rate. For example, clock dividers can become suboctave square-wave generators, sequencers can becoming wavetables, logic circuits can become waveform manglers, and many LFO's, envelopes, and function generators can function as shapeable VCO's.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

I just also wanted to share I just discovered patchstorage site that has Omri Cohen's patch that I've started to study. I feel like I'm about to start my modular school journey after years of tentatively patching and can go deeper now.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/

https://patchstorage.com/lets-build-...h-in-vcv-rack/
Old 8th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjools View Post
I just also wanted to share I just discovered patchstorage site that has Omri Cohen's patch that I've started to study. I feel like I'm about to start my modular school journey after years of tentatively patching and can go deeper now.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/

https://patchstorage.com/lets-build-...h-in-vcv-rack/
I've learned so much just by watching Omri doing his thing.

It is easy to capture your screen, I guess that's why there are so much VCV videos on youtube showing off techniques which can also be applied to hardware modular. Actually I plan to do this today =)
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search