The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Qu-Bit Chord 2
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Qu-Bit Chord 2

Here's another one that looks really interesting (to me at least). Qu-Bit Electronix Chord v2 - Eurorack Module on ModularGrid

Every once and a while, I'll pull the original Chord out of my rack, only to re-add it. Yeah, it's a bit limited based on the original vision they had a few years back, but I still keep going back. Like to hear about the improvements with v2.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Chord 1.0 owner here as well. Like you say, it's pretty limited, so I really don't break it out that often. Turning the new one into a wavetable was a good idea. The new price isn't bad, either. It's probably a bad idea for me since I don't really use chords that much when I'm working, but it still looks like this would be a ton of fun with each part run into its own VCA and the Morph Controller rolling through the sounds.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Is it an oscillator or "oscillator driver"?? Does the root/third/fifth etc output volts or audio?
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
Is it an oscillator or "oscillator driver"?? Does the root/third/fifth etc output volts or audio?
Audio
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear
Anyone has Chord 2 and Shapeshifter?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hmmm? How does this work. Qu-Bit never do video demos of their gear.

If I want to change from say AMaj to Bmin do I have to send the correct root note plus step the Quality CV one step? If I want to go the other way do send root notes and step CV 7 steps so it goes back?

I can see how to do one chord but changes are confusing me
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMullum View Post
Hmmm? How does this work. Qu-Bit never do video demos of their gear.

If I want to change from say AMaj to Bmin do I have to send the correct root note plus step the Quality CV one step? If I want to go the other way do send root notes and step CV 7 steps so it goes back?

I can see how to do one chord but changes are confusing me
If you wanted to use it that way, processing the mix out, and get really specific with the chords, yes ... It would pair well with an ER-101 or a Voltage Block.

Where the magic comes in is using the separate outs instead of the mix and feeding it lot's of CV. Combine it with some trigger patterns on the VCAs you're feeding the seperates to and you start getting some good lead lines out of it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks @ void23

Yes further research shows I was indeed right and I would need a dual sequencer to change fancy chords. Luckily I have a Minibrute2S which will do just that.

However I like your suggestions to get a richer melodic voice out of it. I don't have spare $ or HP so it has to perform in a live setup!! :-)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Just got one today. I was a bit uneasy about buying a digital oscillator but now I'm very happy that I did. It's so musical that it almost feels like cheating.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search