The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is your best artifical speech and fully synthesized vocals Modular Synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

What is your best artifical speech and fully synthesized vocals

Artificial vocals have come a long way. I am interesting in hearing your best (or worst) fully artificial (vocals made by synth) vocals (or speech). If you can explain how you construct them and what hard/software you use.

some examples:

AI Voicing:
YouTube

Digital Cloning:
YouTube

Singer vs Virtual Singer:
YouTube

much appreciated, s wave
Old 5 days ago
DSC
Gear Maniac

Personally I like the Talko stuff from Deladriere.
YouTube

Obviously I am an 80's child.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Personally I like the Talko stuff from Deladriere.
YouTube

Obviously I am an 80's child.
I am into that.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I've got the Flame Talking Synth, SynTech e950, and the Synthrotek Robotto. Flame is the only one that can make whole words, but I have a lot more fun sending Radio Music into Robotto, and making people cursing about their lawn into robot noise.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I've got the Flame Talking Synth, SynTech e950, and the Synthrotek Robotto. Flame is the only one that can make whole words,
E950 is full of words, or am I miss understanding what you mean?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJohn View Post
E950 is full of words, or am I miss understanding what you mean?
...maybe I'm the one missing something? I got it start counting once, but other than that, I can only ever get it to spit out syllables. I just went back and rewatched your video and sure enough it can, so I must be doing something wrong.

Also, Flame Talking Machine has a ton of words programmed in and a random sentence generator. That's how I knew my galaxy was full of radioactive cigarette music.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Here's a playlist of demos (more or less) I've done in the past for modules that have vocal capabilities:
YouTube

SoundMachines Robotto
Mutable Instruments Peaks
Synth Tech E950
SSL Scat Talker
Polaxis Talko
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
...maybe I'm the one missing something? I got it start counting once, but other than that, I can only ever get it to spit out syllables. I just went back and rewatched your video and sure enough it can, so I must be doing something wrong.
If I got another module every time I thought that a module I already had couldn't do something, I'd have about as many modules as I have now!

Below is a list of the letters, numbers, and words the E950 does. Maybe make sure you are giving it long enough gates and also set both the Pitch and Effect knobs to about 11 o'clock or so to start with . . . if you go too far with those settings you'll just get a lot things that sound like monsters gargling and squirrels squealing!

http://synthtech.com/docs/E950_word_list.txt
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Excellent information and insight... I am learning so much thanks to all great stuff.
The hardware/programs are pretty mind blowing.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Below is a list of the letters, numbers, and words the E950 does.

http://synthtech.com/docs/E950_word_list.txt
Ooh, thanks for linking that! And yeah, I think the gates I send it might be too short. I can only recall ever sending triggers to it.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Plaits and braids both have speech synthesis modes. I never got braids to do much more than vowels but plaits will say all kinds of weird stuff.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

What would be considered the best modular synth and effects for artificial vocals? crickets go away
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
What would be considered the best modular synth and effects for artificial vocals? crickets go away
Probably some kind of vocoder is the route I would take if I were specifically after that.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Probably some kind of vocoder is the route I would take if I were specifically after that.
Thanks derp... looking deep into that... love the avatar.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also for processing human vocals to sound synthetic look at ring modulators and frequency shifters as well.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Also for processing human vocals to sound synthetic look at ring modulators and frequency shifters as well.
Thank you I will look into the rings. What other ideas do you have for constructing human sounding voices from hardware and software? thx

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search