Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Modular Mania - All Things Eurorack and Modular Synths/effects (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular-mania-all-things-eurorack-and-modular-synths-effects/)
-   -   Korg Volca Modular (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular-mania-all-things-eurorack-and-modular-synths-effects/1242817-korg-volca-modular.html)

milkbath 21st December 2018 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tux99 (Post 13697723)
I said it's a very similar concept, i.e. a small and affordable analog semi-modular synth.

Which other major manufacturer has done that before Behringer? I don't know of any.

Stop digging that hole.

As I previously stated the 0-Coast is a small semi-modular synth and off the top of my head I can name a few more, Anywhere Haven Tinysizer, Foltek Mescaline, Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1 and Microvolt 3900, and Korg MS-20 Mini

razorblade 21st December 2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgigh (Post 13697393)
Can someone explain what the WOGGLE section would do?

It's a reference to the Makenoise/Grant Richter Wogglebug random voltage module

Make Noise Co. | Wogglebug

Dinobyte 21st December 2018 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stopthesignal (Post 13697458)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie munro (Post 13697371)
I must live on a different planet

I must live on the same planet as you because that mock up is nothing like a Neutron. If anything, it reminds me more of the Moog Werkstatt.

Yup more similar to the werkstatt, but more sophisticated ... I'm guessing.. because I can't make heads or tails of that volca

DLaicH 21st December 2018 04:33 AM

If anything, it looks more like a Bastl Kastle.

https://www.bastl-instruments.com/wp...nt-978x651.jpg

fiddlestickz 21st December 2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy (Post 13697439)
^^^ Skips (Aussies) vs Wogs (Greek and Italian) is the defacto friendly BBQ sporting arrangement.

I've never heard the term skips for aussies..?, and wogs is most deffo offensive, you'll get your head taken off if you call someone that, there are some very rare circumstances where you could use that word but it's totally racist/offensive now with the new world order of PC'ness.

stopthesignal 21st December 2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tux99 (Post 13697723)
I said it's a very similar concept, i.e. a small and affordable analog semi-modular synth.

Which other major manufacturer has done that before Behringer? I don't know of any.

As I already mentioned, Moog Werkstatt.

Also, the Neutron and a Volca are not even remotely the same scale of "small", as it's roughly the size of two Volcas positioned side-by-side. The Neutron is closer in size to the only slightly larger MS-20M desktop module, so really by your definition of similar concept, Korg did it first. cooge

kcearl 21st December 2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlestickz (Post 13697881)
I've never heard the term skips for aussies..?, and wogs is most deffo offensive, you'll get your head taken off if you call someone that, there are some very rare circumstances where you could use that word but it's totally racist/offensive now with the new world order of PC'ness.

Lol...too fkn right...nowt to do with PCness

Skip = a kangaroo on tv

Wog = a non white

ToyBox 21st December 2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee (Post 13697745)
I’m not familiar with modular, but some of those functions labeled on the keys seem odd: edit, up, down, long? What is that?confoosed

The legend is underneath. Maybe this is clearer:

1 Scale

2 Tonic

Micro tuning:
3 Edit
4 Clear
Octave:
5 Down
6 Up
Randomize:
7 Note
8 Act. Step.
9 Micro-Tuning
Gate:
10 Long
(This likely lets you pick between short and long notes, which would be how long the Low Pass Gates (LPGs) stay open)

Mode:
11 Bounce
12 Stoch.
("Stoch." likely stands for Stochastic, in other words random. I'm guessing "Bounce" and "Stoch." let you control how the sequence plays out, the first making the sequence go back and forth, the later will play the sequence in a random order)

Motion:
13 On / Off
14 Clear
Clear:
15 Act. Step
16 All

A.I. Batule Chee 21st December 2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyBox (Post 13698011)
The legend is underneath. Maybe this is clearer:

1 Scale

2 Tonic

Micro tuning:
3 Edit
4 Clear
Octave:
5 Down
6 Up
Randomize:
7 Note
8 Act. Step.
9 Micro-Tuning
Gate:
10 Long
(This likely lets you pick between short and long notes, which would be how long the Low Pass Gates (LPGs) stay open)

Mode:
11 Bounce
12 Stoch.
("Stoch." likely stands for Stochastic, in other words random. I'm guessing "Bounce" and "Stoch." let you control how the sequence plays out, the first making the sequence go back and forth, the later will play the sequence in a random order)

Motion:
13 On / Off
14 Clear
Clear:
15 Act. Step
16 All

Ok, I didn't see it that way, there still are a few things I wasn't familiar with, thanks for clarifying!kfhkh

shortyedwards 21st December 2018 01:47 PM

Want the modular pretty much now.

Deleted 48a4a93 21st December 2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tux99 (Post 13697257)
similar concept as the Behringer Neutron

you can't be serious :lol:

well done, korg, keep them affordable and nice Volcas coming bumpkinkfhkh I am so happy that Korg delivers these nice products for the sole purpose of charity :)

samiam 21st December 2018 02:10 PM

The source of this is a Reddit post, so I won’t believe it until it’s confirmed elsewhere. Here’s an archive of the original rumour: Korg modular volca coming soon : volcas

Kja 21st December 2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason moyer (Post 13697386)
My favorite part of the Neutron is the additive oscillator and LPGA's.

The neutron has low pass gate envelope? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Kja 21st December 2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkbath (Post 13697759)
Stop digging that hole.

As I previously stated the 0-Coast is a small semi-modular synth and off the top of my head I can name a few more, Anywhere Haven Tinysizer, Foltek Mescaline, Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1 and Microvolt 3900, and Korg MS-20 Mini

I think he means for a couple hundred bucks, and there have been others, most use these cheap foolish loose wire connectors too because they are cheap.. Beringer nuetron uses real connectors because they are a evil empire corporation that makes a million of each model.

Deleted 48a4a93 21st December 2018 03:06 PM

mfb was first if it's about affordable and compact semi modular synths.. mfb microzwerg anyone? released about 7 or 8 years ago. when uli was still into cloning mackie mixers and guitar pedals. credit where credit belongs to.

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/up...icrozwerg1.jpg

kcearl 21st December 2018 03:31 PM

Never takes long does it?

jason moyer 21st December 2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kja (Post 13698392)
The neutron has low pass gate envelope? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Sure it does, it's between the source of uncertainty and the complex harmonic generator.

pppch 21st December 2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decoder303 (Post 13698414)
mfb was first if it's about affordable and compact semi modular synths.. mfb microzwerg anyone? released about 7 or 8 years ago. when uli was still into cloning mackie mixers and guitar pedals. credit where credit belongs to.

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/up...icrozwerg1.jpg

the story with mackie was 20 years ago ...
by the way, mackie has lost and today has sunk into meaninglessness ..

1mm patchbay were synonymous of other manufacturers

https://encyclotronic.com/uploads/mo...559f53a2a4.JPG

ToyBox 21st December 2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee (Post 13698114)
Ok, I didn't see it that way, there still are a few things I wasn't familiar with, thanks for clarifying!kfhkh

What are the other things you are still not familiar with?

Kja 21st December 2018 04:09 PM

I love West coast stuff so I'm on this like white on rice, the drum machine too.. I want both, this baby had two function generators and two lpg's.. and I bet it's gonna sound good too knowing Korg. Probably not as wild as a O-coast or microvolt though but cool to pair with them.

Deleted 48a4a93 21st December 2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pppch (Post 13698479)

1mm patchbay were synonymous of other manufacturers

https://encyclotronic.com/uploads/mo...559f53a2a4.JPG

that was neither "affordable" in terms of ~300$ gear, nor have anyware instruments synths been small, even if the tinysizer has "tiny" in its name^^ I had the semtex xl, what a tank :lol:

pppch 21st December 2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 48a4a93 (Post 13698504)
that was neither "affordable" in terms of ~300$ gear, nor have anyware instruments synths been small, even if the tinysizer has "tiny" in its name^^ I had the semtex xl, what a tank :lol:

there was a follower who was small.
thomas can not keep up with the price

semtex is forbidden :)

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/up...er-580x304.jpg

Somebodyperson 21st December 2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoy (Post 13697146)
Oh my!

Not sure if real yet but it sure looks like a good idea.

It better have midi hidden on the back.

Somebodyperson 21st December 2018 04:38 PM

The knobs look fake though somehow.

ToyBox 21st December 2018 04:51 PM

Curious to hear how they'll demo it. It's well equipped for random bleep bloops :cowbell:

Deleted 48a4a93 21st December 2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pppch (Post 13698519)
there was a follower who was small.
thomas can not keep up with the price

semtex is forbidden :)

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/up...er-580x304.jpg

didn't know the minisizer, looks nice ^^ why is semtex forbidden, didn't hear about that?

pppch 21st December 2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleted 48a4a93 (Post 13698595)
didn't know the minisizer, looks nice ^^ why is semtex forbidden, didn't hear about that?

because semtex is an explosive

Nice187 21st December 2018 05:36 PM

Volcas are nice, but I think it could be nice if Korg could make something with sliders, because using sliders in the volca format could be more convenient and functional. A lot of people have huge fingers, so they can’t handle those tiny knobs…

Deleted 48a4a93 21st December 2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pppch (Post 13698644)

ah ok, I'm not into bombs gooof

Somebodyperson 21st December 2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pppch (Post 13698644)

And people are boring and dont want chaos....unlike me : )