The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MS 20 mini to Beatstep Pro Issue Modular Synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
  #1
Here for the gear
 

MS 20 mini to Beatstep Pro Issue

Hello Team!

I am trying to link up my Beatstep Pro to my MS 20 mini but I'm having a problem.

I have followed the correct steps of connecting the beatstep via usb, selecting Hz/Volt in the cv gate settings and then selecting s trig not v trig. I have connected the pitch from the beatstep to VCO 1+2 in and gate to trig in.

However, as soon as I connect the gate cable OR the pitch cable to trig in or VCO 1+2, I get a high pitched note out of the ms 20. When I connect both patch cables into the MS20 the beatstep sequences the MS20 as desired BUT there is still a constant note playing on top and it doesn't stop unless I unplug both cables.

So I know the beatstep pro can sequence the MS20 mini but there is this constant note making it useless at the moment.

When I use the ms20 with the beatstep pro via midi it works fine with no constant note but then I am not able to access the wonders of the semi modular options on the MS20.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Max
Old 5 days ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
void23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason111 View Post
Hello Team!

I am trying to link up my Beatstep Pro to my MS 20 mini but I'm having a problem.

I have followed the correct steps of connecting the beatstep via usb, selecting Hz/Volt in the cv gate settings and then selecting s trig not v trig. I have connected the pitch from the beatstep to VCO 1+2 in and gate to trig in.

However, as soon as I connect the gate cable OR the pitch cable to trig in or VCO 1+2, I get a high pitched note out of the ms 20. When I connect both patch cables into the MS20 the beatstep sequences the MS20 as desired BUT there is still a constant note playing on top and it doesn't stop unless I unplug both cables.

So I know the beatstep pro can sequence the MS20 mini but there is this constant note making it useless at the moment.

When I use the ms20 with the beatstep pro via midi it works fine with no constant note but then I am not able to access the wonders of the semi modular options on the MS20.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Max
Don't know is this will help, but by default, the BSP sends pitch out about 2 octaves higher than expected. This can be corrected by tweaking the BSP settings via the configuration app on your computer.
Old 2 days ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Don't know is this will help, but by default, the BSP sends pitch out about 2 octaves higher than expected. This can be corrected by tweaking the BSP settings via the configuration app on your computer.
Former BSP owner here, and I can confirm this to be true. That's an odd decision for Arturia, but it's there, so it needs to be tweaked in the settings.
Old 1 day ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
mutilatedlip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Former BSP owner here, and I can confirm this to be true. That's an odd decision for Arturia, but it's there, so it needs to be tweaked in the settings.
Yep. This threw me massively when I first got one.

Weird decision on Arturia's part, but doesn't detract from the brilliance.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
zobbo / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
2
The Press Desk / Product Alerts older than 2 months
0
Sleepykeith / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
12
SikkSounds / Music Computers
2
Silvanus / Low End Theory
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump