The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Modenvelope module like omnisphere’s Modular Synthesizers
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Modenvelope module like omnisphere’s

It might be too much for hardware but maybe there is something similar out there or a way to bridge this type of feature with a usb to software interface like expert sleepers.e8.

Anyways it’s an eveope that has multistage and can do this type of pattern to affect filter cutoff or amp
YouTube
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

Try the Omnimod, by Macro machines, if you can find it. It does this x4. Also, the control forge, by Rossum-Electro, in more detail, but with onlya single output.

Additionally, although you seem more after a function generator with a switch, another alternative is a cv recorder, like the ones from Flame. Basically, you can draw long, triggerable modulations, but they won’t be as smooth or accurate as stepping through functions, but can definitely reproduce humanized knob gestures.
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildheadwound View Post
Try the Omnimod

Stay away from that thing like the plague.
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

Control Forge

Old 26th November 2018
Gear Maniac

A sequencer with VC glide into a VCA modulated by your ADSR.
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by void23 View Post
Stay away from that thing like the plague.
What's wrong with it? Looks pretty neato to me.
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
What's wrong with it? Looks pretty neato to me.
Need I link to the year long drama on that one over on muffwiggler?
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Haha, it was more then a year long... but i thought most of the complaints were about the constantly elongating, (not something that usually gets complaints, on its own ), wait time. Is there actually technical issues with it? That would be a shame, because it’s exactly what the OP was looking for.
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
Control Forge

yeah.. i saw this one. pretty cool.
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Try the Omnimod, by Macro machines, if you can find it. It does this x4. Also, the control forge, by Rossum-Electro, in more detail, but with onlya single output.

Additionally, although you seem more after a function generator with a switch, another alternative is a cv recorder, like the ones from Flame. Basically, you can draw long, triggerable modulations, but they won’t be as smooth or accurate as stepping through functions, but can definitely reproduce humanized knob gestures.
actually yah, that omnimod seems like it fits the bill.
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha, it was more then a year long... but i thought most of the complaints were about the constantly elongating, (not something that usually gets complaints, on its own ), wait time. Is there actually technical issues with it? That would be a shame, because it’s exactly what the OP was looking for.
seems like ill have to catch up on tihs stuff.
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

There's one that's been posted to Reverb for $400. But yeah, research shows that apparently this guy came up with the design, and then fell off the face of the planet. WMD ended up manufacturing a batch of them after the preorders were filled. Not a common module, so it's kinda pricey for what it is.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamatsni View Post
A sequencer with VC glide into a VCA modulated by your ADSR.
good idea: so you mean to take a voltage controlled envelope (VCADSR), retrigger that and send it sequenced CV values so it varies the attack or decay differently, each step?
if someone doesn't have a voltage controlled envelope that's just a lot of knob turning.

Doepfer A-143-1 is a funky module that can do this (serial AD stages). I still regret selling mine.
Quad AD Generator/LFO
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Wouldnt the Xaoc Zadar fit the bill?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search