The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Neutron connection
Old 9th October 2018
Here for the gear

Behringer Neutron connection

I am interested in buying the semi modular syntheseizer Behringer Neutron. (Behringer Neutron Semi-Modular Analog Synth | Sweetwater)

Before buying this item I have 2 tech question and would appreciate it if you help me.

1. Do I need to connect the item to an amplifier in order to get sound or I can get sound directly from the earphones output?

2. Does the item operate as a midi controller so as to control several VSTs on Ableton Live, FL Studio,etc.?
Old 9th October 2018
Lives for gear

Neutron owner here: The Neutron has no MIDI transmission capabilities at all and won't function as a MIDI controller.
Old 9th October 2018
Here for the gear

Thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate your help.

1. Does the Neutron receive any midi signals? Can I use the Neutron to manipulate the sound that come from a midi controller or from DAW or standalone VSTs?
Old 10th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
Thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate your help.

1. Does the Neutron receive any midi signals? Can I use the Neutron to manipulate the sound that come from a midi controller or from DAW or standalone VSTs?
MIDI is just a simple data communication protocol. It primarily sends note on, note off, pitch wheel, and velocity. MIDI doesn't send any actual audio signal. For that, you need audio cables.
Old 11th October 2018
Here for the gear

Thank you very much for your answer, are you satisfied with the Neutron in general?
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Yeah, in general, I'm really digging it. Feels like Behringer tried to fit the kitchen sink into this synth. It's got its shortcomings, but for only $300 for this much synth, they're very easy to ignore.
Old 18th October 2018
Here for the gear

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Can I connect Neutron with Novation launchkey 49
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashmataaz View Post
Can I connect Neutron with Novation launchkey 49
Yes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How do i do that ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you for replying to my question, I now have a Behringer Neutron, Arturia KeyStep, and UA - Apollo Twin. I have an output from Behringer Neutron to UA Apollo Twin through TRS a TRS cable going inside the Line 2 of my UA Apollo Twin. I have a Arturia Keystep connected to my computer through a USB.

Now when I have connected the Neutron to my Apollo and the sound comes out directly unless I put the volume down from the Neutron.

My challenge is to record the sound coming out from Neutron to Ableton. Can you share how I can do that ?

Also how do I connect Novation to Neutron ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search