The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How are you using your Morphagene?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

How are you using your Morphagene?

Hi there!

I've got a Morphagene a few weeks ago, but I cannot make anything really interesting with it. I'm not a "sampling guy", and with the Morphagene I tend to mostly use it as an advanced sampler. Patching some CV into the patch points obviously makes it fun, but never managed to find really interesting sounds.

I wonder what you guys are doing before I decide to keep or sell it.
Old 6 days ago
I either use it as a granular sample mangler or to play samples of stuff my rack can’t do like vocals. I originally wanted to use it as a looper but have been having too much fun mangling to bother...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Phonogene (previous generation of Morphagene) owner here. I like sending things with rhythm like drums and voice samples through it live, and have CV messing with the play speed, splice points, and recording. Great example here:

This is why I haven't bothered with upgrading to Morphagene. I'm not interested in messing with preexisting samples because all my joy from the gene comes from granular weirdness.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

It took me a bit to get comfortable with Morphagene. Actually, I had to reorganize my case to make it the central focus before I really started to learn/understand it. Mostly I'm using it to record external sounds and then slice/morph/organize/etc. I tend to play it by hand a lot, but find small amounts of random into Slide and Size can be really nice. Currently I'm making an album that's all original melodies played via music box, recorded and processed with Morphagene, Echophone, and Erbeverb. So... having lots of Morphagene fun these days.

Did this one on vacation several weeks ago. The sample was downloaded from FreeSound.org (Rhodes piano). Makes it seem like a choir pad at times.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search