The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More CV controllers please! Modular Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

More CV controllers please!

I just have to have more CV control, so here is a rough working prototype I just finished. Sorry for the overexposed pics, but I wanted you to really see the latching 'mute' buttons. 13 HP in size. Literally the smallest I could make it.
Hot off the bench. Inspired by Synthwerks!
The order is:
CV in
Atten CV out
Atten CV Inverted out
Audio in
Atten/mutable Audio out
Mute button (Audio only)

Did I miss something?

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is the mute button clickless? Can you add a normal'd mix output?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
Is the mute button clickless? Can you add a normal'd mix output?
Yes, the mute buttons do not click. Do you mean the normal's would go from left to right? or something like that...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

"Clickless mutes" meaning there's a small "envelope" on the open and close of each mute button to prevent audio discontinuities. This is a big differentiation for me in different eurorack mutes. Mutamix (which this design reminds me of most) is a great CV mixing utility, but sort of sucks for audio because the mutes are instant (great for CV sequencing).

The idea of the mix output for CV is also something I liked about Mutamix... and any CV mixing module really. Being able to isolate a couple by patching the output, and then having others that can mix to a normaled output.... very useful. Where you could put it? IDK... but if it would fit, it would be awesome. Maybe steal from Stages and have the CV outputs cascade until a patch is inserted? Would make it super flexible as a CV mixer!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
"Clickless mutes" meaning there's a small "envelope" on the open and close of each mute button to prevent audio discontinuities. This is a big differentiation for me in different eurorack mutes. Mutamix (which this design reminds me of most) is a great CV mixing utility, but sort of sucks for audio because the mutes are instant (great for CV sequencing).

The idea of the mix output for CV is also something I liked about Mutamix... and any CV mixing module really. Being able to isolate a couple by patching the output, and then having others that can mix to a normaled output.... very useful. Where you could put it? IDK... but if it would fit, it would be awesome. Maybe steal from Stages and have the CV outputs cascade until a patch is inserted? Would make it super flexible as a CV mixer!
Ahh I see what you mean about the Mute buttons, so based on that they would have a click, especially for bi-polar signals, no envelopes used. I understand what you mean by mixing CV. This would not do that. Simply no room to add it. I'm going to be more of a HP saving **** at this point with my controllers. I am truly going to try and limit myself to 84HP in total for a 'control box'. Maybe I could do something else in another module with CV mixing. I will update this thread as I make my journey through building a solid CV controller.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Mixed in among the weeds
Cable management?

Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search