The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Koma Field Kit
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

Koma Field Kit

Anyone using one of these? It has been out for a while, but there’s almost no discussion on it on GS since it was released. I’ve been curious about it since it was announced as my way into electronic music was through a lot of electro-acoustic and experimental work and it seems like a great way to bring some of that into the heavier synth and sequencer stuff I’ve transitioned into.

I almost bought one the other day but took pause as I wondered if it might be a bit too limited or niche. If you are using one, how are you using it? Do you find it limited or something you grew bored of or rarely use? One thing that gave me pause was realizing that it only has the single DC interface driver, as I was thinking about using multiple motors to create rhythms, although I suppose there’s a few options from Bastl for example for taking this further.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Guru

I'm interested in one of these as well. I've done some experiments with Mikrophonie and had a great time.
Old 12th May 2018
I messed around with one last week at the KOMA shop.
It's a fun, creative little thing, and yes, for electro-acoustic and expiremental stuff, it's perfect.
Price/performance it's good, IMO.
Old 14th May 2018
Here for the gear

I have one and use it all the time. Great toolbox for unusual inputs, with some CV aspects too. I built mine from the kit. High recommended! - John
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Bump. Is there anything else comparable in the modular world? Has anybody used it with its sensor/switch interface and external sensors? That seems a vastly overlooked portion of this machine...
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzop View Post
Bump. Is there anything else comparable in the modular world? Has anybody used it with its sensor/switch interface and external sensors? That seems a vastly overlooked portion of this machine...
Bastl has a bunch of modules with motors, servos, and stuff like that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search